Doggy assistance ?

When I'm going up a steep section of trail ill often keep my girls on leash to assist pulling me up, this is purely to give them more exercise and not because I'm getting old and struggling you understand ! 😙
Anyone else do this ?

Once at the top they rehydrated !

And had some Scooby snacks !

There were some steep drop offs so I secured daft dog to a tree while we rested.

She wasn't impressed !

No rain just perfect weather for once !

No, my anklebiters would tie themselves together, have a spat and trip me. I love my dogs, but they're both spazzes.

Pull or don't pull. I've trained dogs both ways. It is something that is hard to untrain once they get it in their heads. SOme are able to get it both ways though. My bloodhounds couldn't and they would drag you mercilessly through thorn and creek. My Llewelllyn setter would hurt me doing that these days so I trained him to not pull.

Pull or don't pull. I've trained dogs both ways. It is something that is hard to untrain once they get it in their heads. SOme are able to get it both ways though. My bloodhounds couldn't and they would drag you mercilessly through thorn and creek. My Llewelllyn setter would hurt me doing that these days so I trained him to not pull.
Yeah it's a fine line, I train her not to pull when we are street walking and train her to 'heel', but leave her unchecked on a trail.

Hey Pit. I know you love your dogs and all that, but Jeezuz Kriste. Maybe show us how to trap crabs or whatever ? You are on the west coast buddy, a northern rain forest and a natural cornucopia of wild foods.

Hey Pit. I know you love your dogs and all that, but Jeezuz Kriste. Maybe show us how to trap crabs or whatever ? You are on the west coast buddy, a northern rain forest and a natural cornucopia of wild foods.

I used to do wild edible threads all the time and there was only Doc Canada who seemed interested, pretty much the same with my trap threads.......I gave up !

Yep Pit , I do the same thing, I taught Wilma to pull or not. I do need help sometimes going up hills due to Hip/back Problems. Anyway ,you have beautiful dogs. I notice you use those harness type collars for your Dogs. Do you leave them on all the time? Do you think they have an advantage over regular collars? I was thinking of getting one for my Dog. Hope you are well, Thanks for the Pics.

Mine are pretty good about not pulling me when I don't need or want the assistance but I do appreciate the help from time to time :D
IMG_20151219_115550102_zpstu3amttx.jpg

IMG_20151219_125523501_zpsbewgd0i8.jpg

Yep Pit , I do the same thing, I taught Wilma to pull or not. I do need help sometimes going up hills due to Hip/back Problems. Anyway ,you have beautiful dogs. I notice you use those harness type collars for your Dogs. Do you leave them on all the time? Do you think they have an advantage over regular collars? I was thinking of getting one for my Dog. Hope you are well, Thanks for the Pics.

Definitely go with a harness if you are using them for assistance buddy, they are far more comfortable for the dogs.Thanks for the kind words👍

Back