Don’t forget the capital B

eveled

Gold Member
Several times Buck has mentioned the B should be capitalized. For the most part we do but I still see the occasional lower case b.

it’s a family name so it should be capitalized. But it also protects their name from becoming a generic name for that style of knife.

It seems like a small thing but it’s the one thing they’ve asked from us.

Several times Buck has mentioned the B should be capitalized. For the most part we do but I still see the occasional lower case b.

it’s a family name so it should be capitalized. But it also protects their name from becoming a generic name for that style of knife.

It seems like a small thing but it’s the one thing they’ve asked from us.
Well noted

Agreed.
I try myself to make sure I do it.....
To me it's a level of respect...... Well deserved at that.

Thanks for bringing it up.

Buck ,I'll try to make sure I do this from now on,I know I'm guilty of it and it makes total sense.

I sometimes go all caps, BUCK. That should be okay as it's a trademarked symbol for the company.

im very guilty of this. I don't even capitalize my own name. thanks for reminding us.

I always do it - but I always capitalize Soldier when referring to a member of the US Army - soldier could be a member of any other army - doing that makes me a minority! OH

Ya, technically it is supposed to be all caps, BUCK.

Last edited:
To most in the non-knife world, "buck knife" is already a generic name for the 110-style knife.

Ya, technically it is upposed to be all caps, BUCK.

IDK? I like the all caps idea too. I remember a post where they said to capitalize the B, and they chose to capitalize only the B on the forum title. KA-BAR asked recently for all caps and that is how their forum is titled.

I see Buck and Buck Knives and BUCK all over their website. I'm sure they are all acceptable. Lower case b I have to assume is not.

A buck is a male deer that can be field dressed with a Buck knife, from Buck Knives, with that iconic trademark brand BUCK.

I always go Capital Buck myself, my phone even has it saved that way to the auto fill feature.
but definitely the capital B is a must.

I hate the term " buck knife " I'm one of those guys who hates brand names being used as generic terms.
A " buck knife " is a knife made by Buck, Channellocks are pliers made by the Champion Dearment family at their plant in Meadville PA, a Crescent wrench is an adjustable wrench made by Crescent / Cee Tee...ect.
I don't mind as much if it's a quality product that follows the spirit of the namesake company, but when someone calls Harbor freight pliers " Channellocks " or a crappy Pakistani knife a " buck knife " or if it's just not something you'd ever see from the company it annoys the hell out of me.

Last edited:
Back