Donations

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
Dear friend and forum Moderator Howard donated these Knives from his collections to help HI Kamis during this difficult time. HI and Kamis would like to thank Howard for your help and supports

S4zQJUk.jpg

Howard, thank you for donating these knives. I bought the 3rd and 4th from the top. A Suga and one similar a Liberty Series L-3.

I can't say enough good things about this knife. I know people have criticized having a guard on a khukuri. After holding this knife in your hand you might become convinced that there is a place for a guard on a certain khukuri. I think this thing is perfect. It is about 17 inches long. The balance is great. It is sharp, thick, fast, strong. I love the guard and the pommel. This one reminds me of a Gelbu Special with a Butterfly Knife handguard. I have seen some L-3s on older posts with a different style guard.

Howard, I am very thankful you came up with this design and even more so that you gave this one up so I could have my turn with it.

If you guys ever see an L-3 for sale BUY IT!

Last edited:
Eric, That one was a kami taking liberty with the liberty series. Each knife in the liberty series has upturned guards that accommodate a particular style of trapping techniques.

S shaped guards are another classic style. That knife will serve you well.

Back