Done -Mike One

Hi,
Has anyone experience with the Pohl Force Mike One (made by Lionsteel)? How's your experience with Niolox Steel in Real Life?

Thanks in advance

Andi

####08/28/2013
Post done - Ordered it and got it today. Gianni and his Team did a outstanding Job. Build Quality is fantastic. Super smooth, no flaws, perfect centering and super smooth Blade opening. Let's see how the Niolox is.

Last edited:
I've got the Foxtrot one and its a BEAST, 4.5 inch D2 blade. I have loved all of the Lionsteel knives i have bought. Dpx H.E.S.T. folder 2.0, Dendra Tiger Jump and now the Pohl force.

I have enough D2 made by LionSteel so I'm thinking of Mike One or Two. It seems like the only difference is that one has the thumb disk and the other does not? I like the size at 3.75" length blade of Niolox at 59HRC.

Last edited:
You will be positive surprised by the Mike - It´s from Ergonomics and Fit & Finish Point of view one of my Knife Highlights this Year. For my Hands also the perfect EDC Size

Yeah, that is the only difference. The fit and finish on these knives are just amazing. The Foxtrot is a framelock and has none of the sticky lock that some of the other lionsteel knives have had. I'm thinking of getting another one.

I have enough D2 made by LionSteel so I'm thinking of Mike One or Two. It seems like the only difference is that one has the thumb disk and the other does not? I like the size at 3.75" length blade of Niolox at 59HRC.

Yeah, that is the only difference. The fit and finish on these knives are just amazing. The Foxtrot is a framelock and has none of the sticky lock that some of the other lionsteel knives have had. I'm thinking of getting another one.

Foxtrot is a BIG folder with a 4.44" blade! I do like it and I'm stuck between it and Mike One with a 3.75" blade. Definitely prefer Niolox over D2 even though LionSteel uses a great D2. The kydex sheath for the Foxtrot, which is sold desperately for $70, is pretty good since you can put your Foxtrot on fixed RotoBlock and carry that way.

Mike One with black PVD blade looks pretty sick.

You will be positive surprised by the Mike - It´s from Ergonomics and Fit & Finish Point of view one of my Knife Highlights this Year. For my Hands also the perfect EDC Size

Hey Andi

Congrats on your new knife!

I've been considering the Mike One myself, but it's high cost is putting me off. I've already got a Bravo One which is basically a smaller lockback version of the Mike, and I love that knife.

There aren't too many on the net, so any chance of some comparison pics?

Just got my Pohl Force Mike One this week, and subjected it to cutting down a bunch of double-layered cardboard furniture boxes. I wasn't wholly impressed with the Niolox and the amount of force it was taking me to cut through the boxes ... until I compared it to my Kershaws running 8CR13MoV (I know, I know, no comparison, but I was curious) and Sandvik 14C28N (still no comparison). I think the thing that was throwing me a little bit is the actual edge is a steeper angle than some of the other cutters I'm used to. debating whether or not to change the angle through sharpening, but I think for now I'll use it to hack some wood as well before I decide.

fit and finish is really nice, it's just a wicked handsome blade. it's study without being stupidly heavy, feels great in my hand (I wear size L/XL gloves) and the thumb ramp on the blade is in exactly the right spot, feels super natural in use. I'll plan on going to town on some wood over the next week and hopefully will get the chance to take some photos of the knife

Back