• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Don't Deal With Anotherforumname.........Guess I'm an Idiot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't deal with either of you in the future. Good grief.

Agreed.

And after all that talk about taking the high road and not leaving retaliatory feedback the OP threw a fit here, closed this thread, and left retaliatory feedback anyway. Talk about handling a relatively simple situation poorly. Then going to all your open threads, deleting everything, posting a pouty comment, and closing them. Looks awful bad.

Last edited:
Wow! Talk about flip flop!
Safest bet......ignore both of these tools.

Another thread that ends up in the unintended consequence column & the OP summarized it perfectly with his Thread Title.

Gotta admit....This is why my love affair with the forum has come to a crashing end. I wasn't perfect in this.....I did admit to my mistakes.....and in return.....well, you can see the results. I stooped to the same level of behavior as my seller......that was wrong and I'm not proud of it......but that is my mistake to own and deal with. While I haven't been here long, I've dealt with a number of people....people who left positive feedback and even came to the GBU to talk about my positive character. I started this thread with the simple intention of providing a cautionary tale of my mistake..........and my payment is to be castigated because I did that, and I had the temerity to defend myself. I've seen numerous GBU threads where you flame people because they DON'T defend themselves......but it is obvious you are just as quick to break out the napalm when someone does have the nerve to step forward. Too many of you decided I was your particular boogey-man long before I retaliated with negative feedback.....You're not interested in character.....You're interested in the spectacle and the show of the dog pile. I closed this thread to keep it from becoming a flame-fest.....guess the moderator decided it would be far more fun to watch the burn.....thanks Rev, the love is just palpable. Far too many of these GBU threads end the same way......someone gets gang-raped by the "holier-than-thou" police. Well guys, it appears I'm the catch of the day without my asbestos underwear.....flame away. My father told me long ago that character is defined by how a man deals with his mistakes(specifically in the hard and very public times)......and he judges the character of those around him by their reaction to his situation. Why did I close my threads and post my comments.....this is why......I'm done here. For all the good people I met.....thanks for the time and thanks for the great interactions.

For all the flamers.....when you're done, please have the courtesy of the reach-around.....it's the complimentary thing to do!!

Last edited:
Gotta admit....This is why my love affair with the forum has come to a crashing end. I wasn't perfect in this.....I did admit to my mistakes.....and in return.....well, you can see the results. I stooped to the same level of behavior as my seller......that was wrong and I'm not proud of it......but that is my mistake to own and deal with. While I haven't been here long, I've dealt with a number of people....people who left positive feedback and even came to the GBU to talk about my positive character. I started this thread with the simple intention of providing a cautionary tale of my mistake..........and my payment is to be castigated because I did that, and I had the temerity to defend myself. I've seen numerous GBU threads where you flame people because they DON'T defend themselves......but it is obvious you are just as quick to break out the napalm when someone does have the nerve to step forward. Too many of you decided I was your particular boogey-man long before I retaliated with negative feedback.....You're not interested in character.....You're interested in the spectacle and the show of the dog pile. I closed this thread to keep it from becoming a flame-fest.....guess the moderator decided it would be far more fun to watch the burn.....thanks Rev, the love is just palpable. Far too many of these GBU threads end the same way......someone gets gang-raped by the "holier-than-thou" police. Well guys, it appears I'm the catch of the day without my asbestos underwear.....flame away. My father told me long ago that character is defined by how a man deals with his mistakes(specifically in the hard and very public times)......and he judges the character of those around him by their reaction to his situation. Why did I close my threads and post my comments.....this is why......I'm done here. For all the good people I met.....thanks for the time and thanks for the great interactions.

Quoting for posterity.

For all the flamers.....when you're done, please have the courtesy of the reach-around.....it's the complimentary thing to do!!

Just had to edit this last bit in. You are proving many of us are correct in our interpretation of you....

You didn't even need to start a thread here. You should have got your money back from PayPal and asked for the negative to be removed. Instead, look what you did to yourself........

Based on your posts I think you'd enjoy that too much. ;) :D

AF1928-I'll make an attempt to explain this to you
1st the seller gets to choose shipping method. On a $55 item it is not unreasonable to send it slower /cheaper- there isn't that much money to work with.
Next a 1 week delay while in transit isn't anything to freak on. USPS would require 1 month before a claim could even be made, and no matter how that turned out you were covered by PP
So far just over anxious
Then a number of members especially wtlj tried to offer you help and you lashed out-this is where you lost the sympathy of the crowd
Lastly after numerous posts in this and another thread about not appropriate to leave feedback when the deal wasn't done you went ahead and left retaliatory negative feedback.
This all would lead many not to want to deal with you-I have no ignore list

The flip side-seller
Should have given you a valid tracking number and just sent the corrected one when asked
Should have attempted to reassure you that there wasn't anything to worry about on the shipment, and you would be covered if it didn't arrive-just give it time
Shouldn't have sold out of the trading forum
Shouldn't have left negative feedback

This was a pretty easy problem and the 2 of you turned it into a complete mess and will most likely both get infractions.

AF1928-I'll make an attempt to explain this to you
1st the seller gets to choose shipping method. On a $55 item it is not unreasonable to send it slower /cheaper- there isn't that much money to work with.
Next a 1 week delay while in transit isn't anything to freak on. USPS would require 1 month before a claim could even be made, and no matter how that turned out you were covered by PP
So far just over anxious
Then a number of members especially wtlj tried to offer you help and you lashed out-this is where you lost the sympathy of the crowd
Lastly after numerous posts in this and another thread about not appropriate to leave feedback when the deal wasn't done you went ahead and left retaliatory negative feedback.
This all would lead many not to want to deal with you-I have no ignore list

The flip side-seller
Should have given you a valid tracking number and just sent the corrected one when asked
Should have attempted to reassure you that there wasn't anything to worry about on the shipment, and you would be covered if it didn't arrive-just give it time
Shouldn't have sold out of the trading forum
Shouldn't have left negative feedback

This was a pretty easy problem and the 2 of you turned it into a complete mess and will most likely both get infractions.

Perfectly stated.

It seems there have been a lot of threads like this recently. Drama upon drama. :rolleyes: As others have said, the ignore list is a wonderful thing. :thumbup: God help the Mods, they must have very sore foreheads from slapping them. :p This should have died before it started; plenty of crow pie to go around. ;) As for the reach around comment, well...Um...:eek:

Perfectly stated.

Indeed. Especially the last sentence. How two grownups managed to botch something so simple over $55 is incredible. And now the buyer has repeatedly shot himself in the foot when in reality he was fully covered and would have been made whole and feedback removed if he could have only not totally freaked out.

Last edited:
Indeed. Especially the last sentence. How to grownups managed to botch something so simple over $55 is incredible. And now the buyer has repeatedly shot himself in the foot when in reality he was fully covered and would have been made whole and feedback removed if he could have only not totally freaked out.

He said he was just defending himself? I don't get it. He was getting the easiest advice there was from members. Wait it out, report the neg feedback, if the package doesn't show, contact PayPal. Simple.

Not one person "flamed" him until he started in on WTLJ. Then he jumps the tracks. Not sure what AF's problem is here?

He said he was just defending himself? I don't get it. He was getting the easiest advice there was from members. Wait it out, report the neg feedback, if the package doesn't show, contact PayPal. Simple.

Not one person "flamed" him until he started in on WTLJ. Then he jumps the tracks. Not sure what AF's problem is here?

Exactly. It was so easy to understand the situation and he made a mess of it. I'm not sure exactly what happened with WTLJ, who sent whom what and when. But given I got a nasty PM from the OP as well I can kind of understand how he managed to screw this whole thing up. Not thinking things through logically. Jumping to conclusions. Not listening to advice. And basically not grasping the entire situation. Oh well. At least he pointed himself out, and the seller as well. Two more I don't need to worry about dealing with.

Exactly. It was so easy to understand the situation and he made a mess of it. I'm not sure exactly what happened with WTLJ, who sent whom what and when. But given I got a nasty PM from the OP as well I can kind of understand how he managed to screw this whole thing up. Not thinking things through logically. Jumping to conclusions. Not listening to advice. And basically not grasping the entire situation. Oh well. At least he pointed himself out, and the seller as well. Two more I don't need to worry about dealing with.

I never sent him a PM, that includes not responding to his initial pm he sent me.

I truly wasn't trying to be snarky towards the OP. I myself would've waited much longer to start a PayPal dispute (which I told the OP to do) but he seemed unwilling to do anything else to resolve the issue.

................. As for the reach around comment, well...Um...:eek:

I really have to wonder why someone would ask for a reach-around on a knife forum. I mean... What is I forget to put my Sebenza down first?!?!? :eek:

I never sent him a PM, that includes not responding to his initial pm he sent me.

I truly wasn't trying to be snarky towards the OP. I myself would've waited much longer to start a PayPal dispute (which I told the OP to do) but he seemed unwilling to do anything else to resolve the issue.

You were clearly just trying to help him. You wanted to clarify that he needed to get the feedback taken care of in the tech support forum, and should not simply PM a mod (which is what he said he did). So, because you wanted to make sure he reported it to the right place, he jumped all over you. This guy is disastrously impulsive.

Figures. I did not send him anything either or respond to his insults he sent me through PM. He called me a "posterior guy" as an attempt at a play on words when I quoted his post for posterity. He went all over the forum and started deleting posts. So when he melted down in a wall of text insulting the forum I quoted him so he couldn't edit it out later. Also, back to back insults with homosexual overtones isn't exactly a character builder either. And yes, impulsive is what this guy is and it is what has got him in his current position.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back