"Don't Flame me Bro"

view

One like this would be cool.

Last edited:
They are your knives, do as you please. I prefer to use my Randall's. Once in a while I find a collectible one and I always resell them. My preference for a quick patina is to apply rust bluing solution to a clean dry blade. It will quickly induce rusting. Then pour boiling over it which will turn the rust black. Then use steel wool to get the finish you want. Apply a light coat of oil and rub off. In the picture is a well used 3-6 and a brand new 2020 1-8 that has been processed the way I described. Once it looks a bit old and used, you'll find it easier to use it. :)
BTW, run hot water over the leather handle to raise the grain for a better grip. Take the shine of the guard and butt with a scotch brite pad (be gentle) and tarnish the brass with a little lemon juice.

The people who only look at a new Randall as a collectible never to be used (Hell even put in the sheath) don't know how good these knives really are.

Both L Sized.jpg

They are your knives, do as you please. I prefer to use my Randall's. Once in a while I find a collectible one and I always resell them. My preference for a quick patina is to apply rust bluing solution to a clean dry blade. It will quickly induce rusting. Then pour boiling over it which will turn the rust black. Then use steel wool to get the finish you want. Apply a light coat of oil and rub off. In the picture is a well used 3-6 and a brand new 2020 1-8 that has been processed the way I described. Once it looks a bit old and used, you'll find it easier to use it. :)
BTW, run hot water over the leather handle to raise the grain for a better grip. Take the shine of the guard and butt with a scotch brite pad (be gentle) and tarnish the brass with a little lemon juice.

The people who only look at a new Randall as a collectible never to be used (Hell even put in the sheath) don't know how good these knives really are.

View attachment 1336782

MODEL 1 reporting for duty...

IMG_0736-2.jpg

IMG_0741-2.jpg

IMG_0739-2.jpg

Back