Don't get mad

I have asked for values of knives on here and people get mad and tell me to do my research. So this is a warning, I've done my research and I can't find out the value. So stop reading here if you're going to get mad. Anyways I bought this direct from the custom shop it is unused, it does have some patina on it . I have sent back other knives to them and they have buffed it out for me . it is a rodent solution with satin finish and double red liners black G10 handle.
I know these are discontinued and
IMG_20190831_204444_1.jpg
I do see high prices on the auction sites. What do you guys think it's worth? Thanks for your help!
IMG_20190831_204456.jpg

I'll give you $100.

On a more serious note, Busse and kin are hard to price because 90+% are discontinued as part of the business model. The auction sites are always elevated compared to BF because they have to pay a lot more in commission to those sites than here.

You will also see a lot less resale value on something in anything other than infi, so if that's SR101 or SR77 (I assume it is since it has patina) you probably aren't going to get what you want for it right now. I just watched an SR101 ratweiler I traded get sold for $200 that I bought for $300-350 (can't remember exactly) last year. I was going to buy it back but was late to the post. Non-infi Busse & kin are at a low right now.

I’d say $150 - $200.

It’s actually worth what you can sell it for.

The auction sites are always elevated compared to BF because they have to pay a lot more in commission to those sites than here.

There is also a seller on the bay that lists at extremely elevated prices, in many cases 3-4 times what a similar knife will sell for here. Many sellers are fishing for specific buyers and others are just basing their slightly less prices on the first guy I mentioned prices thinking he must be selling them at that price.

You have to keep in mind, people who spend time on forums are generally the most educated, opinionated and savvy knife enthusiasts and also tend to have a feel for what knives should sell for vs what is being asked across the rest of the world. We see a lot of knives bought sold and traded.

In my mind there are three price ranges. (A) Will sell in minutes (B) may sit for a few days while people wait for a drop and (C) ones that'll never sell unless reduced or traded. All of those are out the window if you just happen to have one a specific person is looking for, because they are collected and collectible. The market is down right now on most Busse's because they have increased production over the last few years both in models and availability. I think most guys are flush with Busse and waiting for the next release, they will pop on a great deal or something they really want.

All the said here's my opinion on your price based on current market conditions:

(A) $149 or less
(B) $150 - $200
(C) $201+

Great. I definitely have a base to go off of. You guys covered the gamut.
I have just a standard coated one with canvas handles and that's the one I was keeping to use. I bought it on here used and it had a Kydex sheath, I bought it to beat it up but it still looks like new. I thought that one I could get $100 for!
Looks like I'll be holding onto the custom or throwing it up at a higher price on auction site to see what happens.. But yes I'm into it for a lot more than any of these prices.Thanks!

Great. I definitely have a base to go off of. You guys covered the gamut.
I have just a standard coated one with canvas handles and that's the one I was keeping to use. I bought it on here used and it had a Kydex sheath, I bought it to beat it up but it still looks like new. I thought that one I could get $100 for!
Looks like I'll be holding onto the custom or throwing it up at a higher price on auction site to see what happens.. But yes I'm into it for a lot more than any of these prices.Thanks!

Just an FYI for the future, it seems infi you can get close to retail if it's in good condition, think Harley Davidson. With SR101, you're almost always going to take a hit unless you can buy direct, but the used prices were elevated the past 2 years and are are the lowest I've seen them since watching Busse & kin a few years ago. You may see the prices go up later.

Knife sales in general seem to have slowed, based on comments I see from the custom makers on the forums here as well. It's a good year to buy knives, not so good to sell them.

P.S. I like the color scheme on that knife. It's worth keeping if you don't need to sell, IMO. But, I'm a whore for orange and I've been on a little knife kick lately.

Yes thank you I love the knife and the color. There are worse things to be stuck with LOL I'll probably just keep it for now

Back