Dogs & Stuff (Formerly Doodle rides Shotgun)

taldesta

Retired :-) Time is the Gold
Platinum Member
Well, my new friend is meeting new things in her life, helping her to grow ... and she is loving the adventure it seems!

Yup, seat belt harness for travel and unleashed in the wild, Daisy is a most wonderful companion, and, although some might wonder - no; she would never lose sight of me in the wild. The bond is fast.

DSCF4921 TEMPORARY BRIDGE PORTELANCE RIVER 650 MED.jpg

DSCF4902 DAISY PORTELANCE RIVER TRIBUTARY 650 MED.jpg

So, perhaps take a minute and a half of your life to see Daisy meet rushing water for the first time. How we forget those firsts!

Last edited:
Well, my new friend is meeting new things in her life, helping her to grow ... and she is loving the adventure it seems!

Yup, seat belt harness for travel and unleashed in the wild, Daisy is a most wonderful companion, and, although some might wonder - no; she would never lose sight of me in the wild. The bond is fast.

So, perhaps take a minute and a half of your life to see Daisy meet rushing water for the first time. How we forget those firsts!

:D

Win Heger Win Heger

Well "Hello, Brie!" and thanks for posting this pic. So, what`s the mix and how big do you expect Brie to get ...

Having Daisy come into my life with her at three years of age and not well socialized with other dogs only would have me encourage that all pups learn their dog rules early :). I have stories! ... and continue to have experiences - but with persistence and patience much has improved and will continue to do so. I am so fortunate to have Daisy in my life. I am sure you feel the same about your sweet Brie ...

Good for you taking on a 3 year old, quite a challenge!! Tell me what mix Daisy is? Brie is a Borderdoodle, we got her from a home breeder in Idaho. We're thinking about 40 lbs, she has long legs and big paws so we could be wrong. :) I know about how important socializing is and we work hard at it. I take her to a dog park every morning and she runs with mostly larger dogs, loves it. We have young kids that come and visit with her, they're dog savvy and have got her loving kids. I have the advantage of being retired and even with our last dog, a Border Collie, I worked from home and it sure helped.

Last edited:
Winter Doodle
r2qfATR.jpg

Summer Doodle
O9G5fJd.jpg

Aqua Doodle
okDKLfc.jpg

What cool dogs!!!

We were blessed to have two beautiful, sweet, loyal, smart, loving and fun Goldendoodles named Penelope and Sadie whom I still miss every single day. Sadie passed away from cancer at 10 about seven years ago, and Penelope of "old age" at 14 about three years ago. You are lucky gents!

Good for you taking on a 3 year old, quite a challenge!! Tell me what mix Daisy is? Brie is a Borderdoodle, we got her from a home breeder in Idaho. We're thinking about 40 lbs, she has long legs and big paws so we could be wrong. :) I know about how important socializing is and we work hard at it. I take her to a dog park every morning and she runs with mostly larger dogs, loves it. We have young kids that come and visit with her, they're dog savvy and have got her loving kids. I have the advantage of being retired and even with our last dog, a Border Collie, I worked from home and it sure helped.
Well, Daisy is one fun challenge for sure ... and I am loving it. She is a Saint Bernard/Standard Poodle cross, long-legged and with fur like a woolly mammoth - hence the 'buzzed' coat.

Big paws, you say! :thumbsup: Enjoy ...

What cool dogs!!!

We were blessed to have two beautiful, sweet, loyal, smart, loving and fun Goldendoodles named Penelope and Sadie whom I still miss every single day. Sadie passed away from cancer at 10 about seven years ago, and Penelope of "old age" at 14 about three years ago. You are lucky gents!
I sure get that you miss such companions - well ... every day since their loss to you. My old spaniel, Desta, died in September 2020 ... and to put it simply, there was no greeting in the morning, no happy eyes, no stretching sweet welcoming bow ... to open the day, I missed her deeply and every accommodation needed to communicate with her because of her deafness - I missed it all.

I searched everywhere with no luck. Covid had cleared the rescues. I hesitated to take on a young dog - I would like to see my beloved dog to their comfortable end, and this is a serious consideration for any of us as we age well beyond retirement :)

Daisy is bigger, faster and younger than I would ever have envisioned my taking on at my stage in life. Yet, she is now dancing at my side, on leash, watching for my direction - no longer yanking my arm out of its socket - an improvement! Her off leash recall is almost 'dependable' now. Next trip to the dog park will be her 80th - yes, I document and note progress/backsliding! I accept embarrassment as part of the work. Not taking shortcuts. Daisy is one smart cookie. I am her fourth home. Together we've come 100 miles so far.

I love this dog to bits and, wow, although she likes to sleep in well past my early rising, the morning greeting is all heart, bow .... and hurry outside to pee. Nice to be grounded in a dog's life again.

My daughter wanted a new puppy and we decided it was a good time to get one. She wanted a Mini Golden Doodle and after looking at the characteristics of the breed we decided to get one. I again did not want this dog - breed (smaller size) or just another responsibility. After having him now for 4 months I have come to terms with being wrong. I love the little guy and look forward to taking care of him everyday. He's been an excellent travel buddy as well.

My daughter wanted a new puppy and we decided it was a good time to get one. She wanted a Mini Golden Doodle and after looking at the characteristics of the breed we decided to get one. I again did not want this dog - breed (smaller size) or just another responsibility. After having him now for 4 months I have come to terms with being wrong. I love the little guy and look forward to taking care of him everyday. He's been an excellent travel buddy as well.
They have a way of overcoming all hesitation :thumbsup:. Congrats on the furry addition to your family!

Daisy's adventures continue ...

Winter, where we are staying in a cabin here on Lake Nipissing for the season, sees literal villages of ice fishing huts dotting the horizon ... bustling with snowmobiles, transporters filled with fishers towed by snowmobiles and, once ice depth allowed, trucks plowing ice roads from shore to huts.

Some of you who are familiar may recall that Daisy the Saint Bernadoodle has been with me since January 1, 2021, my new friend for the new year :) Her adventures continue from the op here. I downscaled, giving away much of my stuff. We left our digs behind and hit the road camping last August.

IMG_20210817_185557839 DAISY HOME CAMP TENT 650 MED.jpg

Doodle rides Shotgun II

Later, as cooler temps set in bringing on autumn colours, we relocated a little more to the North, but to snug lodging - everything is new to Daisy!

IMG_20211008_100257724_HDR DAISY SUV AT TRAIL 650 MED.jpg

Doodle rides Shotgun III

... 'Doodle' IV is in the works ...

IMG_20220121_103036714 DAISY ICE BOOTS 650 MED.jpg

PS - all your dog pics are welcome! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Sadly loosing the snow here.
ySISOFo.mp4

Hey, a snow bather!

... The snow is blowing sideways and drifting here all day following rain on top of snow ... so we are inching and sliding or wearing cleats to get around on foot. Whiteouts see the ice huts on the lake disappear in waves. Winter took its time but is definitely digging in now!

Hey, a snow bather!

... The snow is blowing sideways and drifting here all day following rain on top of snow ... so we are inching and sliding or wearing cleats to get around on foot. Whiteouts see the ice huts on the lake disappear in waves. Winter took its time but is definitely digging in now!
When we get weather like that he's out in the yard staring at all the other houses totally perplexed that no one else is outside enjoying themselves.

Back