Doubles

I occasionally do this for knives. I do it more often for flashlights since they tend to be cheaper, break more easily, and tend to get discontinued in the configurations I like more frequently.

I have back-ups for a few Civivi models I like including the Baklash and Naja. I have two back-ups for the Real Steel Receptor. I also have a small "gift bin" for good bulk budget buys such as the Harnds Lark.

It's funny, so many people here are into multiples. As a principle, I never buy more than one of the same model. Hell, with the exception of Spyderco, I rarely buy more than one of the same brand. The closest I've gotten is a PM2 and PM3.

I guess I'm an oddball. I value variety highly.

There’s always a first time in everything;
and already you’ve got two of Spydercos ‘ ....against your own principle you say, Well then...:D

It's funny, so many people here are into multiples. As a principle, I never buy more than one of the same model. Hell, with the exception of Spyderco, I rarely buy more than one of the same brand. The closest I've gotten is a PM2 and PM3.

I guess I'm an oddball. I value variety highly.

I do this too for knives I love, mostly to have a back-up in case of loss. So far, the few I have are:

Fiddleback Forge Esquire,
CRK Small Sebenza,
GEC 62 and 29.

I could see a second Fiddleback Forge Sneaky Pete and Monarch, though these are not easy finds.

Whoa!!
I knew you should be posting here those cool knives you have, not surprised at all, you have some nice ones we see in other threads!
Cheers

Doubles? I have extras. And spares. And more.
View attachment 1533640
I think I may also have a rat problem.

But...now that they're off the website, that's not such a bad problem to have.
*Pretty sure that picture was from before the Megas hit

Delica Standard Wharncliffe and Zome with Hap40/. Opinel #8. Can't remember where I bought the dark one. LOL
51004453455_04a4666c29_b.jpg

51073735572_f7eb402af7_b.jpg

Rich K.

Last edited:
Definitely. If its something I really like and I'm not sure if it'll be available in the future I get a second one. I also get a second one of some knives that I really like so that I can use one and keep one pristine and untouched.

I recently picked up a second Giantmouse GM7 because I love the knife, and my first one was getting worn from use. I found a NIB, unopened one on eBay for not much more than they sold for originally and snapped it up, to keep a pristine one. I also have multiple Finch 1929's, for example two of the DLT trading exclusive green ones. Again one is a user, one to keep pristine.

I have a few multiple fixed blades too - Lionsteel M1, Buck 113, so I have a backup in case anything happens to my main user.

-Mike

In general no, I don’t practice the double acquisition, with couple exceptions - two SAK Huntsmans (one my first “real” knife, second for use), and two 1970 produced soviet military sapper issue knives (one for use second to save the history).
35M62yy.jpg

But I have doubles of some knives that I really love in several different variations. For example my small SnG gang :)
11mAPSw.jpg

Last edited:
EDC users for summer - Native 5 (5)
EDC users for winter - Military (2)
Urban EDC - Chaparral (2)
Disposables - Opinels (7)
Beaters - Hultafors GK (4)
Bushcraft - Bark River UL Bushcrafter (2), Mini Duku (2), Mora Bushcraft Triflex (2)
Multitools - Vic Spirit (3)
SAKs - Explorer Plus (2), Rambler (2)
Swisscards (4)

Manix, Military, Paramilitary, Gayle Bradley 1 folder, Spyderco Atlantic, Sebenzas.

they just work for me.

Multiple of my own designs that I screw up and are part of R&D (f-it bucket knives) :)

I typically buy a second of folders I plan to carry. These tend to be Spydercos and slipjoints. Lost enough of them to be glad of the spare.

Knives I buy just for collectin' remain as singles.

And I thought I was the only one with a problem lol....
I have a few exact doubles of my favorites, one I can carry and 1 to sit in the box as collectibles because they are my favorites
ZT 0452g10 and 0452CF
ZT 0200
ZT 0909
Hinderer Eklipse Tanto
....now if you’re talking multiples of the same knife in different colors/or blade steels, then probably another 10-15

I have a pair of Case / Bose Cattle Knives. One amber jigged bone, one chestnut jigged bone. My favorite pattern.

Back