1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Doug Ritter RSK Knife Announcement

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by Critter, Dec 12, 2016.

1. palonej

palonej Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 5, 2015
    No pics DT???
    Come on dude!!

2. Arkansaw

Arkansaw

Dec 9, 2016
    My mini-Ritter came in today. This is my first BM. Very impressed! The Handle fits my medium-sized hands well. I don't mind the factory orange scales but would like to get something soon in g10. Blade alignment is dead on, zero play in the blade. Opens and closes smoothly. Haven't had a chance to examine the edges closely but it looks great to my naked eye and the blade is popping hairs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  3. Nfd538

Nfd538

Jul 9, 2015
    Enjoy that Ritter Arkansaw it's a great blade. Contact D.O.A.T on here for scales he's the BM scale guy.

4. STREAMHAWAII

STREAMHAWAII

Oct 31, 2016
    Doat! Who's that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. Arick

Arick

Apr 18, 2009
  6. STREAMHAWAII

STREAMHAWAII

Oct 31, 2016
    Can't get to that. What's it about

7. STREAMHAWAII

STREAMHAWAII

Oct 31, 2016
    Nevermind I see it

8. Arick

Arick

Apr 18, 2009
    It shows them working on a knife without the scales they just posted it today and it's a Ritter kinda of odd marketing move on Benchmades part.

Be seeing you, Arick

9. wright88

wright88 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 4, 2011
    [​IMG]

BM showing it without scales seems like they're probably coming out with a Ritter with upgraded scales. That would be awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. STREAMHAWAII

STREAMHAWAII

Oct 31, 2016
    Benchmade should make a similar one because they stopping the Ritter line. This might be it though.

11. usaedcgear

usaedcgear Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Had the exact same experience today, really diggin it :thumbup:

12. Arkansaw

Arkansaw

Dec 9, 2016
    Yep, new model with g10 or not, I'm very happy with mine, and would rather pick my own g10, if that's where the production model is going. I wonder if they'll stick with Bohler or move on to Latrobe like the new 555/556-1 Grip's.

I've been browsing the custom scales posts. There's some real talent on here! I want some bright green scales that really embody "griptillian".

13. Nfd538

Nfd538

Jul 9, 2015
    Type DOAT under the search here you'll find out.

14. Nfd538

Nfd538

Jul 9, 2015
    Like these
    [​IMG]

15. Scooter70

Scooter70 Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2015
    If you decide to replace those orange scales, I would be interested in either buying them from you or trading for a black set. I've been trying to get a hold of an orange set to put on my old mini so that I can gift it to my son. Please let me know.
    -Matt

16. Hackenslash

Hackenslash Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    That Benchmade Instagram picture is a little confusing. Why post a picture showing a new one under construction if the relationship has ended?

Oh well, I took the plunge and grabbed an orange mini today. I have several grips but never had a Ritter. I've got some AWT honeycomb scales that have been waiting for a home on a new mini Grip!

17. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Same here. Reading the OP I feel the relationship has ended, while the BM picture shows the opposite. Debated back and force and finally broke down pull the trigger on a full size orange ritter grip m390. Had I seen the new BM ritter picture, I may have cjosen to wait.

18. Critter

Critter Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Just to be clear, Benchmade has ended the relationship.

19. JNewell

JNewell

Nov 18, 2005
    Message edited . . .

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  20. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Doug - thanks for taking your valuable time replying. It is sad to see that happening. I will place an order of the mini ritter grip in m390.