• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Dozier Folders

Kodiak PA

Gold Member
I would like to hear from anyone who owns a Dozier folder.

How is the lock up on your knife. Any blade play? Are they worth the ~$300 you will spend.

Curious is Alaska.

------------------
~Greg Mete~
Kodiak Alaska

Kodiak PA: I've had three and all were top notch. The folding hunter was a liner lock and completely dependable. His double lock was rock solid. I presently have a double frame lock and nothing can make it come disengaged. Nobody can make D2 perform like Bob.

Greg-man, do we have similar tastes! I've had a hankering for a frame lock Dozier for a long time now. Let me know if you get your hands on one. I'd love to hear your review.
-Paul

[AS STATED IN A PREVIOUS POST, I OWN A TITANIUM HANDLED, DUAL INTEGRAL LOCK FOLDER. tHE d-2 BLADE IS 3" AND THE KNIFE IS VERY SLENDER. I ALSO OWN A sEBENZA AND FIND THE QUALITY IDENTICAL. BY HAVING AN INTERGAL LOCK AT THE TOP OF THE BLADE INSTEAD OF A PIN, THERE IS MORE SUBSTANTIAL INTEGRAL LOCK. I THINK THIS PROVIDES MORE STRENGTH IN THIS AREA. WHEN FIRST ADVERTISED THIS FOLDER WAS LISTED AT 300.00. I PURCHASED MINE AT THE BLADE SHOW FOR 250.00. BOB ALSO HAD A LARGER DUAL LOCK FOLDER BUT THE HANDLE WAS A BLACK SYNTHETIC AND WAS MORE EXPENSIVE.

THE KNIFE HAS BECOME A DAILY CARRY. IT IS LIGHTWEIGHT, TIGHT, AND SLENDER. THE BLADE IS VERY LARGE IN RELATION TO THE HANDLE. I WOULD RECOMMEND HIS FOLDERS HIGHLY.

Originally posted by skarb:
BY HAVING AN INTERGAL LOCK AT THE TOP OF THE BLADE INSTEAD OF A PIN, THERE IS MORE SUBSTANTIAL INTEGRAL LOCK. I THINK THIS PROVIDES MORE STRENGTH IN THIS AREA.

I don't understand this statement. Could someone explain, or point me to a picture?

------------------
iktomi

Sorry for the poor English. If I had a dig. cam, the view would be self-explanatory

Picture the very back of the blade (behind the hinge pin). On the upper half right there is a vertical cut out into which the upper handle lock snaps - ala Sebenza. There is an opposite cut out on the lower half of the blade into which the handle lock snaps. Therefore you have 2 integral locks, one at the top on one side, and one at the bottom of the opposite side of the knife. In the Sebenza there is a circular stop pin at the top of the blade. In the Dozier, there is a vertical piece of the handle ( about 4x the width of a roll pin) which locks the blade.

Back