DPx H.E.S.T. Folder.....paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully intended to get my knives but I'm not paying for something I cant see. We were promised completed prototype pictures prior to payment request. Thats why I gave up my numbers. To some $250 may not be a lot of money but to me its hell of a lot to spend on a knife let alone $500 on two.

I have to agree with this. As for giving up my numbers, I followed the rules, waited by my computer on the given day and signed up like everyone else. I was given the choice to purchase and I declined. Nothing sad about that. I realized that school books take priority over $250 knives. I sincerely hope my numbers find a good home:thumbup: I'm also really looking forward to seeing the end result.:)

They did extend payment til the 15th in hoping they would have a completed prototype to show off.

Unfortunity I have already given mine up. The extension to me was too little too late I gave mine up after the first week. I have been talking about this issue since they first annouced payment request. I will have to wait for regular production or go with a ZT 0551.

Cool, whatever floats your boat. :thumbup:

I am sure "they" are doing the best they can though and probably "learning" a few things along the way too.

Personally
, I have total confidence that the end product will be no less than the pictures we have already seen. End of story for me. :)

To each his own though.... :thumbup:

I agree, :thumbup:

Cool, whatever floats your boat. :thumbup:

I am sure "they" are doing the best they can though and probably "learning" a few things along the way too.

Personally, I have total confidence that the end product will be no less than the pictures we have already seen. End of story for me. :)

To each his own though.... :thumbup:

There have been no real pictures only renderings and an unfinished prototype. So I dont know what you guys are going buy.

I just want to point out that virtually every custom ordered, a commitment is made prior to fabrication or ever seeing the finished product. It is not an unknown circumstance. Buy the seller not the knife.

There have been no real pictures only renderings and an unfinished prototype. So I dont know what you guys are going buy.
You gotta be kidding.... :confused:

Do you honestly think they are gonna make something "off the wall" that is totally opposite from the.... ""renderings""?????

Tell me you are joking..... please. :eek: :D

Sorry you don't know what "we are going to buy"..... that is your loss. :)
But it also your privilege. :thumbup:

"I/we" have enough confidence in ESEE that "I/we" are not afraid we are gonna get screwed. ;)

If you don't.. no problem. :)

But it is what it is. ;)

Hardly anyone cares. If it's close to the renderings and close to the proto, we're good. Lionsteel is on top of their game, we're not going to get a bad knife.

I'm not trying to make it a big deal, but it seems some are. All I was pointing out is that in the email with the prototype pictures, it says there will be other changes. I would like to see what these "other changes" are before I personally shell out $250 for anything. I never once said anyone would get screwed or thats what I was worried about. RYP said in his emails that they would not request payment until they showed completed prototype pictures. So I saw no completed pictures and passed. It is my loss I am aware of that. No reason to berate someone about there stands on this issue.

Not berating you at all, or at least I did not mean to. My apologies if it came across that way. :)

I don't blame you a bit for your choices, I just think we are gonna get one heck of a knife when all is said and done.

Again, my sincere apologies for evidently coming across harsh.... :)

I agree with some passing on not seeing completed prototypes. I passed on 2 because of that as well and asked to see pics of the complete package lanyard, box, tool, and holder to justify spending extra $75 for the limited edition. Nothing was ever posted and I never saw a final word about the warranty?. I will get 1 regular production instead of 2 limited, not bashing or complaining just sharing my thoughts on my decision.

Don't blame you at all. DPX has extended the timeframe on purchasing the LE model since we are waiting on finished samples from Lion Steel.

Will the LE model and regular model be available at the same time?

I was on the DPx website and it says 21 days...is that still accurate for both?

Will the LE model and regular model be available at the same time?
It is supposed to be, or very close behind the LE if I remember what I read correctly. :thumbup:
I was on the DPx website and it says 21 days...is that still accurate for both?
I have no idea, but I am gonna go out on a limb and say.....
No, not accurate for either at this point. :)
[But that is only the guess of this old redneck... :D..]

But, delays happen on a project such as this; in any business. They will get them to us as soon as they can I have no doubt.
:thumbup:

Last edited:
It is supposed to be, or very close behind the LE if I remember what I read correctly. :thumbup:

I have no idea, but I am gonna go out on a limb and say.....
No, not accurate for either at this point. :)
[But that is only the guess of this old redneck... :D..]

But, delays happen on a project such as this; in any business. They will get them to us as soon as they can I have no doubt.
:thumbup:

Sounds great, no hurry on the knife, but hope to have the regular model before Christmas if possible. That would make a sweet Christmas present :D

Thanks teacher :D

Sounds great, no hurry on the knife, but hope to have the regular model before Christmas if possible. That would make a sweet Christmas present :D

Thanks teacher :D
Your welcome, BUT be sure to not to overlook the part where I made it clear this was my "guess".

That is all......... "MY GUESS">> ;)

I havn't been keeping up too much on the regular production model which I pre-ordered, but I'm hoping its before Christmas...thanks teacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back