Dragon Slayer Integral

A bit of a roll reversal on this piece. Instead of me asking engraver Marcello Pedini to do some work for me, he asked if I could make a blade for him, specifically one suited to a lot of deep carving and engraving. Ya, sure, how could I say no.

Can't imagine how many hours he has put into this, certainly a lot more than I have. I've made him a second blade the same, Marcello has told me it is going to have a Viking theme.

The knife steel is 3/8" thick 440C. OAL is 9 1/2" X 4 3/4" blade. No idea when the next one will be done, not any time soon I recon. Hope you find this piece interesting.

Dragon slayer integral by Peter Del Raso, on Flickr

Dragon integral knife by Peter Del Raso, on Flickr

Dragon Slayer by Peter Del Raso, on Flickr

integral knife by Peter Del Raso, on Flickr

Dragon knife by Peter Del Raso, on Flickr

Thanks everyone, I'll be sure to pass on your comments to Marcello. A bit of background on Marcello some may find interesting. Marcello had a friendship and working relationship with Buster Warenski when he was living and teaching in the States before moving to Australia. I often get to finger one of Buster's hunters Marcello owns and has engraved.

Meant to include this pic with the first batch, shows how much of a transformation Marcello's work brought to the piece.

Integral knife blank by Peter Del Raso, on Flickr

Wow, you gave him a pretty clean canvas (except for that big thumbprint)! Great work by both of you.

Peter, I don't think I can PM you on this site. Is there a way to contact you (I don't use facebook)?

Back