Drop Forged Boot Knife

Because I have the hemp and plasti dipped handle, I'm not going to mess with trying to strip that finish, but if anyone else gives it a shot, I would love to see if it just removes that top grey/silver/bronze or if it also removes the black coating underneath as well.

52100 patinas like a boss with heavy use. If it strips off the top and bottom coating, I could definitely go for a fully stripped dagger.

I would think the blade could look good stripped and polished. It would rust pretty easy, but heck I remember when stainless steel was just a dream and you had to actually take care of the knife(got some nice patina's too) just like my guns at the time. Just picked up a Forged Bowie for $19.99, might think about trying to strip and polish the blade.....

Because I have the hemp and plasti dipped handle, I'm not going to mess with trying to strip that finish, but if anyone else gives it a shot, I would love to see if it just removes that top grey/silver/bronze or if it also removes the black coating underneath as well.

52100 patinas like a boss with heavy use. If it strips off the top and bottom coating, I could definitely go for a fully stripped dagger.
Hi Snakebreaker, do you have any idea how to strip the coating? I used some paint removers, but the effect is not satisfactory. Only a few parts of the coating can be stripped, and most of them are firmly attached to the blade. Meantime, I prefer not to remove the coating by polishing, because I want to keep the original sandblasting finish under the coating and do blackening treatment.

Last edited:
Back