dropped my spydie...

last night i dropped my centofante - barely nicked it on 1 end - after donning my resperator, etc, i sanded the nick down smooth, no problem - but what do i do to blend in the area i sanded on - its now lighter in tone than the rest of the knife handle- what should i do? put armor all on it lol? any suggestions appreciated - have a good one..

SIFU1A

If you are refering to G-10, try putting a little oil on it. Any kind will do. Or WD-40 or Rem-oil or White lighting, or Olive oil or whatever. If this does not work, try CAREFULLY bringing a lighter near the lighter area (no pun intended). Be careful so you don't end up melting anything.

So did it work? I'm very curious.
I just cleaned up a new custom G10 handled knife with while scuff marks all around the edged, and now it looks great. (I used RemOil)

hey thanks for the info - was using 400 grit paper, and a bud said to try 6 and 800 to polish it out - amazingly (to me anyway) after a little sanding with the 6 and 800, and just rubbing the spot with my hand, it went away 100% - i honestly have trouble seeing were the spot was now - i couldnt believe the fine paper worked like that, but ya cant argue w/success i guess ....anyway thanks again, will keep the idea about the flame in mind, i was gonna try that, as adding the oil w/the 400 grit was not doing the trick - oh well ya learn something new every day

SIFU

Back