Dropping in

HI, Everyone!!

We're in Austin for the weekend so I have a computer for a day........yeehaw!!!

It's been quite an adventure watching the construction of bridges and roads. I find it quite fascinating...........then I'm easily amused:rolleyes: I still haven't had the guts to watch Larry walk the beams 100 feet up in the air:eek: He did the highest bridge on this project on Thursday. Maybe the next span I'll go watch.

We've had a mudbug boil complete with a group of Army guys doing training at the base. They were here from Germany so the night before they left we had them over. Those things are labor intensive, but delicious!!! Takes lots of beer to get a meal cooked, though;)

We took a drive up to Fayetteville, Arkansas and Eureka Springs last weekend. The Ozarks are beautiful. Totally beautiful country over there. We plan on exploring the caves up there next summer with the boys. Should be interesting.

So that's the news for now. Still trying to get my house rented out so I can maybe get a laptop for Texarkana. Otherwise I'm still very limited in internet up there. I'll pop in again in a couple weeks from Chadron, NE. My son graduates from college and I'm going up and driving back to Austin with them. They are settling here. My dear DIL got a job with the state at a home from troubled teenagers. Just what she wanted. The son is still looking. They want to see him in person before they hire I guess. Several places told him to come in when he got here.

Karen got a job yesterday!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited. She is working at GNC. Training began the first day. She likes it. Now maybe she can pay some rent, too:cool:

Ya,all have a great week!!!:D

Gin! :eek: It's really good too see you here once again even if it is a, "post and run" type of thing... ;)
I know I'm not the only one that's glad too see you and your family so happy and doing so well!:thumbup:

Gin wrote: "We took a drive up to Fayetteville, Arkansas and Eureka Springs last weekend. The Ozarks are beautiful. Totally beautiful country over there. We plan on exploring the caves up there next summer with the boys. Should be interesting."
So y'all were in Fayetteville, Arkansas last weekend hunh...:cool: Gurl, that's up in our part of the country and where Barbie and I went to get married so y'all weren't too far from us but bet you didn't think of that! :rolleyes: ;)

Yeah, the Ozark's are a far cry from the dry 'n dusty area you've been acclimated too the last few years even if the mountains don't even start to compare in heights ainnit? ;)

And one more thing... Gin, when you wrote, "We plan on exploring the caves up there next summer with the boys." do you mean 2009 or 2010, inquiring minds and all that you know?
It'd be a damned shame if y'all were so close and didn't make it by here!!! :(
There's quite a lot to do here if you like museums and the like which I know you and Karen do.
There aren't all that many knives at the J.M. Davis Gun Museum up in Claremore but there are enough guns too make damned near anyone tired of looking at 'em.:eek: ;)

Great to hear from you Gin! :)

As Yvsa said, glad things are looking good for you and yours. :cool: Please don't miss any opportunity to drop us a word! :thumbup:

Nice seeing you around, Gin:) Do try to make a habit of it:)

Nice to hear from you Gin,

Back