Dumb question about posting photos.

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by BladeWolf23, Feb 28, 2021.

1. BladeWolf23

BladeWolf23

Feb 21, 2021
    Sorry ahead of time if, there is a better section for this moderators. But um, what is the best way to attach a photo to a thread? Specifically, one I took with my phone? It is a simple pic, just I’m regards to a kitchen knife I have. Is why it is not more “professional” quality. I see to attach a link. But, I’ve seen a few people post photos and it did not look like a link?

2. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    As a registered member, you cannot directly attach images. Use a photo host, like imgur - there are multiple threads on this topic, including tutorials, in the tech support subforum

evilgreg likes this.
  3. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    As a registered user, you can post pictures using a picture hosting site. I use Imgur, but there are others. Once you have uploaded a picture, copy the web address of the picture. Note: picture web addresses must end in .jpg or .gif

Then go to your post and click the image tool on the toolbar next to the smiley tool. Paste the picture address into the resulting popup. Then click the INSERT button.