• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mixed DWAINE CARRILLO AIRKAT KNIVES

Status
Not open for further replies.

zxgeoff

Gold Member
Will not return emails or phone calls
Will Take your money too build a knife then sell it on AZCK instead of delivering to his paid customers

ALSO MAD PROPS to GPknives for not carrying his knives

Dwaine You lack of care and response to your customers has forced me to finnaly Throw Up a Bad Flag.
Ive called you over 8 times in the past 4 months with no return communication whatsoever. Lets not even begin with the unanswered emails.

DO I REALLY HAVE TO FOLLOW THROUGH WITH THEFT AND MAIL FRAUD CHARGES or will you climb outta your bed and contact the peeps you owe personnaly. The Facebook BS poor me im sick isnt cutting it anymore
GEOFF JACKSON

Last edited:
yep. think youre gonna have to follow through with charges. he doesnt seem to want to solve his problems. its been years and not much has changed.

Yes I paid upfront because when i ordered back in 2014 dwaine had a solid reputation.
I specifficcaly asked how long completion would take before i agreed to pay upfront.

Hard Lesson Learned

Last edited:
And another new from maker carrillo for sale on azck
sigh
anyone recieve a backorder recently?

Last edited:
Ryan from AZCK here. We've listed pieces over the past few years in hopes of helping Dwaine to get back on his feet. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that he's made much progress. We currently have the piece that is listed on our site and one piece that hasn't been listed yet. These will be the last two pieces we accept from Mr. Carrillo until he is able to show that some progress is being made regarding his backlog of knives that many of you have already paid for.

Ryan from AZCK here. We've listed pieces over the past few years in hopes of helping Dwaine to get back on his feet. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that he's made much progress. We currently have the piece that is listed on our site and one piece that hasn't been listed yet. These will be the last two pieces we accept from Mr. Carrillo until he is able to show that some progress is being made regarding his backlog of knives that many of you have already paid for.

Much respect to AZCK for doing the right thing. To many dealers turn a blind eye to makers bad behavior. They opt to make a few $s and indirectly contribute to the maker's scam. Cheers to AZCK for going against the grain and doing what is right.

Now if only Windy City Knives from would follow suit and stop carrying dwaines knives perhaps we may get a shot at our backorders.

It really pisses me off seeing many knives come out in the past 3 years all the while dwaine is ignoring our backorders.

I really hope i dont have to follow through with pressing charges but i will if thats what it takes

Geoff Jackson

Last edited:
This is George, owner of Windy City Knives. Thank you to tactical_center_elite for contacting me through Instagram, and making me aware of this thread. I would first like to address the fact that zxgeoff (Geoff Jackson) stated in one of his posts that we are "from Oklahoma City". That is not correct, we are actually located in the Chicago suburbs. While it is true that we have listed new knives from Dwaine over the past few years, it was done in an effort to help him keep the business "afloat". Anytime Dwaine offered me a knife for purchase, it was in an effort to pay some bills. His logic was that if he didn't sell a knife here-and-there to a dealer to maintain a cash flow, no one would ever see any of their knives. I have done my best to help him out, but that stopped several months ago. As recently as 11/9/17, he offered me two (2) more knives - the offer was refused. I too, now have several knives on backorder, that sadly have all been paid for in-full. So I am in the same boat as many of you - perhaps multiple times over. I am concerned that I will never see my knives, or my money. For months now, I have tried contacting Dwaine by email, phone, and Facebook, and like many of you, have not received a response. Folks, my intentions were honorable. I truly believed that buying knives was helping fund his efforts to maintain the business, and that in the long run everyone would be made whole, and soon. The one (1) Scout currently on windycityknives.com is the last of Dwaine's folders in inventory. The Carrillo fixed blades are all previously owned pieces, and did not come from Dwaine. I am contacted on a fairly regular basis by his customers, asking if I can help expedite their purchases. Unfortunately, I cannot. I can't get the knives I've paid for. I do believe that Dwaine regrets taking payments in-full upfront. I am sure he never intended to get so sick that he wouldn't be able to work - particularly so soon after losing everything in a tornado. I will clearly accept those knives that I have on backorder, should that ever come to pass. However, other than the last folder on the site, Windy City Knives will not be accepting any additional knives from Airkat, until I begin to see some effort on Dwaine's part to complete the orders of those customers who have been waiting for so long. I truly appreciate everyone's support and understanding. Anyone is welcome to contact me with questions or comments.

Thank You George for your statement
I did not intend to offed your store I just wanted to get it out there that our backorders are all being ignored.

I just want to state that i was very patient with dwaine for years while he maintained email contact with me regarding the re-learning of cnc machines.
I have several different emails (diffrent occasions) from dwaine stating that my knife was almost complete and i would receive it within 2 weeks,
that was over 2 years ago. The emails then tapered off and phone calls ignored.
This is not the way to maintain happy customers and get them too be patient.

I Run an hybrid microcircuit manufacturing facility for the aerospace industry, I had to have major back surgery for reconstruction of a transarachnoid thoracic band which to say the least put me out of comission for a long time. But i managed to maintain my business and keep customers satisfied while i recovered.
I did not ignore there emails and then blame a bad spam filter for too many emails to bother with.

So i feel outright lied too while i was being patient.
Geoff Jackson

It'd be nice if I had seen this thread back when you started it, because I surely would not have allowed it to go this long unanswered, but I just got home again and had an email from another customer letting me know about it. Geoff, if you've called me 8 times in the last 4 months, surely you know the phone line has not been in service. Secondly, I did NOT sell your knife to AZCK. They don't even have an M250 Scout M5 with all Brushed Stainless, a Blue Clip, and OD-Green G10 anywhere on the site.

I currently only offer two knives: the Button Lock Cobra and Scout in either Black, OD-Green, or Desert Tan. So it's easy for someone to see a Scout or Cobra pop up and think "Oh sh*t, that's MY KNIFE!!!!", when it most certainly is not! It may RESEMBLE a knife you ordered, but it definitely is NOT your knife!

This situation I'm in, dealing with this disease is not my Dealers' fault. They have absolutely nothing to do with this, and if anything they have been great at helping me somewhat maintain myself financially while battling this Dermatomyositis. This isn't a common cold or a small case of the sniffles, it is an Idiopathic Inflammatory Myositis that destroys muscles and organs. I'm real lucky to even be alive right now, but I know that's not your problem, you just want your knife - understood. Look man, I'm sorry about this, not only to you, but to the other 30 or so people I'm still building knives for. When that Tornado hit me I was in the process of building approximately 120 pre-paid ordered knives, and I lost every fricken one of them. I'm down to about 30. Why do you think there isn't a 120 threads here and on other forums claiming I haven't delivered their knives yet? I'm sure there are plenty of my customers who don't even frequent the forums, and not everyone who has received their knife decides to log onto a forum and start a new post telling everyone, either. It may not be 100% total progress, but it's progress, is it not? It may not be progress to YOU at this point, but believe me, I've made some progress since then or I'd probably be in jail by now.

I jumped into this CNC thing not knowing anything about it. I tore up more knives than I can fit in a 55 gal. drum from mistakes I made learning to operate this rig, which led to me having to start many knives, frames, blades, grips, etc., completely over again. Anyway, I know excuses sound best to those making them, but it is what it is. I'm going to be gone this week for another treatment. I'm taking the Colostrum and it is helping a bit. I'm not dealing with as much dizziness and feeling is starting to come back in my legs where they don't feel so heavy. I still have this insane rash, but I can tell my muscles are starting to properly fire again and my brain isn't so foggy, and my hands aren't trembling as much, and I have about 50% less tingling in my hands and feet now. The stuff is $99.00/pound for the Liposomal Delivery version. It's probably going to take 20-30 pounds of this Colostrum to completely heal up the gut lining as I explained before about the "leaky gut syndrome" that's causing this Autoimmune process, so I just have to buy what I can as I can afford it. But I'm seeing some decent signs of improvement, which is good.

When I get home this next weekend I will get your Scout finished up, Geoff. All I have left to do is machine the larger Allen pivot bolt head for the front side, and finish out one of the spacers if I remember correctly (I'm not looking at it at the moment) and I think I have to finish up making the lock-bar for it and putting the final edge on it. I know there isn't much to do to get it complete, so I'm kind of guessing off of memory at the moment. I know I upgraded you and many others to the new Button Lock Design. I'm sorry, brother. This disease has eaten me alive and I've been fighting to survive it. I know my communications with everyone has been a lot less than desirable , which is out of the norm for me. I'm sorry to anyone who has sent me an email or called and I haven't gotten back to you. This entire process has been very overwhelming and difficult to deal with.

George, I will get those two Tunnel Ratt's out to you the following week as well. Thanks to you, Dave, Julie, Ryan, and everyone else who has stuck by me through this. Those knives you've been seeing popping up AZCK's site are OLD knives (they are new from me but made several years ago) that I had stashed back that I've had to sell to try and stay alive because I haven't been able to work much at all. That Apache is probably 15 years old (not direct from me), and if you recall, I discontinued the Tunnel Ratt's when I launched the Scout and Cobra Frame Locks, so how old are those?

And George, you said "His logic was that if he didn't sell a knife here-and-there to a dealer to maintain a cash flow, no one would ever see any of their knives." ...... that's not the full and entire statement. The other part of that statement is, "Because if I didn't survive this disease, no one would get their knives." I wasn't being a d*ck about it, I was simply stating a fact that if I don't have the cash to fight this and pay my bills, I was probably going to die. This disease isn't a silly stomach ache, it's a life destroyer.

Anyway, when I get back I'll get your blade finished up, Geoff. I'll get George at least the two T-Ratt's shipped and I'll get the other one's finished up as soon as I can for you. I've got to ship a few Tunnel Ratt's to Dave that he already paid for as well that he's been waiting on. I know, everyone is waiting around for me to get my shit together and I'm doing the best I can, believe me.

I apologize to all of you for the inconvenience, this has been no cakewalk, that's for sure. I know it sucks that some of you have not received your blades yet, and I really do apologize for this. I've been doing this full time for 20 years, and this last 3 since the Tornado has been an uphill climb, and the last year or so has been shit to say the least. The phone line is turned back on if anyone needs to call and leave a message. I'll be back next week and hopefully feeling even a bit better than I feel now, which is better than I've previously felt, that's for sure. Trust me, I want to get back to work more than anyone.

Again: please don't take this out on my Dealers. This isn't them condoning any "bad behavior", they've been helping me survive, literally. Geoff, I'll get your blade finished up next weekend or the following week when I get back. Send me an email with your shipping address if you would so I know it's up to date (my email is " tripwire7@cox.net "). George and Dave, hang tight, I'll get your knives out that following week as well. Everyone else, I'll be back in the shop that following week and getting back to work on your knives, too.

And for any of you who don't know what's actually going on with me and this disease, here's the Facebook post I left on Geoff's other thread:

https://www.facebook.com/carrillodesign/photos/rpp.153960364781785/888519374659210/?type=3

It'd be nice if I had seen this thread back when you started it, because I surely would not have allowed it to go this long unanswered, but I just got home again and had an email from another customer letting me know about it. Geoff, if you've called me 8 times in the last 4 months, surely you know the phone line has not been in service. Secondly, I did NOT sell your knife to AZCK. They don't even have an M250 Scout M5 with all Brushed Stainless, a Blue Clip, and OD-Green G10 anywhere on the site.

I currently only offer two knives: the Button Lock Cobra and Scout in either Black, OD-Green, or Desert Tan. So it's easy for someone to see a Scout or Cobra pop up and think "Oh sh*t, that's MY KNIFE!!!!", when it most certainly is not! It may RESEMBLE a knife you ordered, but it definitely is NOT your knife!

This situation I'm in, dealing with this disease is not my Dealers' fault. They have absolutely nothing to do with this, and if anything they have been great at helping me somewhat maintain myself financially while battling this Dermatomyositis. This isn't a common cold or a small case of the sniffles, it is an Idiopathic Inflammatory Myositis that destroys muscles and organs. I'm real lucky to even be alive right now, but I know that's not your problem, you just want your knife - understood. Look man, I'm sorry about this, not only to you, but to the other 30 or so people I'm still building knives for. When that Tornado hit me I was in the process of building approximately 120 pre-paid ordered knives, and I lost every fricken one of them. I'm down to about 30. Why do you think there isn't a 120 threads here and on other forums claiming I haven't delivered their knives yet? I'm sure there are plenty of my customers who don't even frequent the forums, and not everyone who has received their knife decides to log onto a forum and start a new post telling everyone, either. It may not be 100% total progress, but it's progress, is it not? It may not be progress to YOU at this point, but believe me, I've made some progress since then or I'd probably be in jail by now.

I jumped into this CNC thing not knowing anything about it. I tore up more knives than I can fit in a 55 gal. drum from mistakes I made learning to operate this rig, which led to me having to start many knives, frames, blades, grips, etc., completely over again. Anyway, I know excuses sound best to those making them, but it is what it is. I'm going to be gone this week for another treatment. I'm taking the Colostrum and it is helping a bit. I'm not dealing with as much dizziness and feeling is starting to come back in my legs where they don't feel so heavy. I still have this insane rash, but I can tell my muscles are starting to properly fire again and my brain isn't so foggy, and my hands aren't trembling as much, and I have about 50% less tingling in my hands and feet now. The stuff is $99.00/pound for the Liposomal Delivery version. It's probably going to take 20-30 pounds of this Colostrum to completely heal up the gut lining as I explained before about the "leaky gut syndrome" that's causing this Autoimmune process, so I just have to buy what I can as I can afford it. But I'm seeing some decent signs of improvement, which is good.

When I get home this next weekend I will get your Scout finished up, Geoff. All I have left to do is machine the larger Allen pivot bolt head for the front side, and finish out one of the spacers if I remember correctly (I'm not looking at it at the moment) and I think I have to finish up making the lock-bar for it and putting the final edge on it. I know there isn't much to do to get it complete, so I'm kind of guessing off of memory at the moment. I know I upgraded you and many others to the new Button Lock Design. I'm sorry, brother. This disease has eaten me alive and I've been fighting to survive it. I know my communications with everyone has been a lot less than desirable , which is out of the norm for me. I'm sorry to anyone who has sent me an email or called and I haven't gotten back to you. This entire process has been very overwhelming and difficult to deal with.

George, I will get those two Tunnel Ratt's out to you the following week as well. Thanks to you, Dave, Julie, Ryan, and everyone else who has stuck by me through this. Those knives you've been seeing popping up AZCK's site are OLD knives (they are new from me but made several years ago) that I had stashed back that I've had to sell to try and stay alive because I haven't been able to work much at all. That Apache is probably 15 years old (not direct from me), and if you recall, I discontinued the Tunnel Ratt's when I launched the Scout and Cobra Frame Locks, so how old are those?

And George, you said "His logic was that if he didn't sell a knife here-and-there to a dealer to maintain a cash flow, no one would ever see any of their knives." ...... that's not the full and entire statement. The other part of that statement is, "Because if I didn't survive this disease, no one would get their knives." I wasn't being a d*ck about it, I was simply stating a fact that if I don't have the cash to fight this and pay my bills, I was probably going to die. This disease isn't a silly stomach ache, it's a life destroyer.

Anyway, when I get back I'll get your blade finished up, Geoff. I'll get George at least the two T-Ratt's shipped and I'll get the other one's finished up as soon as I can for you. I've got to ship a few Tunnel Ratt's to Dave that he already paid for as well that he's been waiting on. I know, everyone is waiting around for me to get my shit together and I'm doing the best I can, believe me.

I apologize to all of you for the inconvenience, this has been no cakewalk, that's for sure. I know it sucks that some of you have not received your blades yet, and I really do apologize for this. I've been doing this full time for 20 years, and this last 3 since the Tornado has been an uphill climb, and the last year or so has been shit to say the least. The phone line is turned back on if anyone needs to call and leave a message. I'll be back next week and hopefully feeling even a bit better than I feel now, which is better than I've previously felt, that's for sure. Trust me, I want to get back to work more than anyone.

Again: please don't take this out on my Dealers. This isn't them condoning any "bad behavior", they've been helping me survive, literally. Geoff, I'll get your blade finished up next weekend or the following week when I get back. Send me an email with your shipping address if you would so I know it's up to date (my email is " tripwire7@cox.net "). George and Dave, hang tight, I'll get your knives out that following week as well. Everyone else, I'll be back in the shop that following week and getting back to work on your knives, too.

And for any of you who don't know what's actually going on with me and this disease, here's the Facebook post I left on Geoff's other thread:

https://www.facebook.com/carrillodesign/photos/rpp.153960364781785/888519374659210/?type=3

EditReport

Wow. After hearing from Ryan at AZCK and George from Windy City Knives I think I may have an idea what prompted this recent explanation.

I just hope everyone receives what they are due.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back