• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mixed DWAINE CARRILLO AIRKAT KNIVES

Status
Not open for further replies.
People can be incredibly heartless. You know, as unfortunate as it may be, if you have the excess to pre-order hundred dollar custom knives, you're likely going to be just fine with or without them. This individual has clearly lost a great deal over the past years and is still attempting to make things right, despite an uphill climb. Life can be cruel and unforgiving. Life can be spontaneous and devasting. I hope, Dwaine, that you rectify this situation and that everyone is made whole. What would you guys rather, hypothetically. Does he die in order to fill some custom knife orders? Or he purchases what's necessary for survival with said funds and attempts to climb his way back to normality?

Perhaps I will eat my words. Perhaps Dwaine will make everything right and everyone will be no worse for the wear. I hope the latter is the case.

Good luck everyone.

I guess using those "few thousand dollars" to reimburse some of your customers who have been waiting for years never crossed your mind? I would guess many would rather have their $ back vs the knife they ordered.
Believe me, I've refunded a few already by making them monthly payments, and I'm doing the best I can to get squared up with everyone. Did Geoffe get his knife? Do I owe YOU a knife?

I've been doing this full time for 20 years and never had a problem until my home/shop got blown away by a Tornado, and everything spiraled downhill from there. But I'm still here; I'm still shipping out knives as I get them done, and I'm doing the best I can to work, which is a feat in and of itself with the problems this disease is causing me physically.

Yep, I've spent some money on products to help myself heal and not end up in a hospital bed full time, or in my grave. Is that a bad thing? I suppose I could let the doctors pump me full of prednisone and methotrexate (which is what they want to do) and totally destroy what immune function I have left, eh?

No one is hunting me down; I'm not ripping anyone off; I'm here replying and trying to take care of business, aren't I? Sometimes bad things and uncontrollable circumstance pop up in life. It happens. I didn't plan this; no one ever plans for it, but it happens every day. All I can do is continue what I'm doing to heal and get out knives as I get them done. Geoff and 6 others have received their knives, that's 7 more customers that are taken care of. I know! That's not good enough, hang him at the gallows!

People can be incredibly heartless. You know, as unfortunate as it may be, if you have the excess to pre-order hundred dollar custom knives, you're likely going to be just fine with or without them. This individual has clearly lost a great deal over the past years and is still attempting to make things right, despite an uphill climb. Life can be cruel and unforgiving. Life can be spontaneous and devasting. I hope, Dwaine, that you rectify this situation and that everyone is made whole. What would you guys rather, hypothetically. Does he die in order to fill some custom knife orders? Or he purchases what's necessary for survival with said funds and attempts to climb his way back to normality?

Perhaps I will eat my words. Perhaps Dwaine will make everything right and everyone will be no worse for the wear. I hope the latter is the case.

Good luck everyone.
Thanks, Chris. Everyone is going to be made whole; it is happening right now. I don't get why some folks can't understand that if I don't do everything in my physical/financial power to beat this, that it is going to kill me. Then what? No one gets their knives, which would be a real suck situation for sure, and I'm doing my best to NOT let that happen.

Just popping in to say that I ordered a knife from Dwaine years and years ago. He almost had it done before the tornado hit, and when his shop was up and running again, he did get my my knife. I mean, it took a few years, but he did right by me.

I'm not sure if my .02 is welcome amidst the dog pile, but Dwaine always seemed to care. I just always got the impression that (sorry Dwaine) he's kind of technology-backwards and disorganized. Throwing together a wordpress site takes about a day with some youtube demos. The email disconnect was super confusing.

But again, my .02 is that Dwaine is probably not trying to intentionally screw anyone--he always seemed like a good guy to me.

On that note, Dwaine, maybe if you offered a knife to a superfan in the future, they might help you get everything straightened out. Additionally, maybe you could even find a college or high school kid who could get some sort of school credit for helping you out in the shop? Just a thought.

Five years and I'm still waiting for him to do," Right by me". Then again, hard to do right when you never answer phone calls and emails for years.

Dear Dwaine,
I ordered two knives from you in March 2015, paid in full. I know you have serious problems and this is why I never bothered you too much with my order, but please tell me how many standing orders do you have (how many people are waiting for their knives right now)?

What's utter bullshit about it?[/QUOTE]

Five years and I'm still waiting for him to do," Right by me". Then again, hard to do right when you never answer phone calls and emails for years.

Dear Dwaine,
I ordered two knives from you in March 2015, paid in full. I know you have serious problems and this is why I never bothered you too much with my order, but please tell me how many standing orders do you have (how many people are waiting for their knives right now)?

What is complete & utter BS, Dwaine:
Is the fact that you seem to have no problem coming on here to share your malady of health problems, in a pathetic attempt to garner sympathy; yet at the same time you lack the basic common courtesy to simply communicate (forget the fact that you failed on your promise to make and deliver these buyer's knives) with all these people you took money from. Even worse- during this time, you had no problem, making and selling $$$$$ knives for various dealer's, while keeping many of your paying customer's in limbo. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

FWIW: I hope that you find that magical cure for whatever is wrong with you, and get ^^ these people's knives made!!!

There's way too many, really good, honest, knife maker's on this forum, to have to deal with this type of needless BS!

Some men, you just can't reach:

Last edited:
this guy has owed me a knife sense 2012 took my money and that's all she wrote i will bump into him someday!!!

this guy has owed me a knife sense 2012 took my money and that's all she wrote i will bump into him someday!!!
I am also a member of the club!! I have been waiting with my hand on my ass for over 5 years. Dwaine stopped responding to me as well a few years ago.

Looks like I may have to add to this post with some updated information soon. Waiting on a couple things to happen to see!

12-01-2018

from eBay:

"Brand New from Maker (It's me) Dwaine Carrillo, Button Lock Scout M250 Model 6 made of Alabama Damascus (.250 thick) Blade, Aluminum Spacers, Titanium Frame and Clip, with Black G10 Front Side Grip. Comes with P1030 Pelican Case.

I am retiring from Knifemaking, this is not a joke. Get them while you can, these will be discontinued now. I will no longer be making custom knives. This knife, and previously built knives will likely triple in value."

12-01-2018

from eBay:

"Brand New from Maker (It's me) Dwaine Carrillo, Button Lock Scout M250 Model 6 made of Alabama Damascus (.250 thick) Blade, Aluminum Spacers, Titanium Frame and Clip, with Black G10 Front Side Grip. Comes with P1030 Pelican Case.

I am retiring from Knifemaking, this is not a joke. Get them while you can, these will be discontinued now. I will no longer be making custom knives. This knife, and previously built knives will likely triple in value."

Is it still up? I can't find the listing and for something like this, I wanna see proof. :/

Is it still up? I can't find the listing and for something like this, I wanna see proof. :/
just search Dwaine Carillo knives on ebay and like TWENTY show up as brand new!

I fu*&%ing hate thieves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back