• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mixed DWAINE CARRILLO AIRKAT KNIVES

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's retiring? Must have scammed enough folks to afford a nice place somewhere warm. What a p.o.s.

I sort of defended him before but now I can't. He's either lying to sell knives on Ebay, or he's running away from screwing people out of money. Either way, I can't support it.

Not to defend him but looking at the seller rating of over 200 I would be suspicious that a custom maker actually sold that much on eBay. Might be someone taking advantage of the situation to seller there own DC knives.

Also based on Dwaine’s previous post, he’s word salad, and the item description is short and concise.

I am like 99% sure that was really his account, hence my frustration and disbelief. Oh well. Dwaine was one of my favorite makers, and his knives are beasts. It is what it is.

I ordered 3 knives from Dwaine 2012-10-30 already paid in full, still missing 2 knives!?
Bad karma Dwaine.

Regards from Sweden

He has no Honor......If only we could bring back debtors prisons. If I lived in Oklahoma I would have already filed against him.

Hate to admit it but I'm the guy who bought that Damascus folder on ebay. Now I just came across these forums to find all this info out. Well guess what...its been over two weeks and Duane is giving me every excuse in the book on why he hasn't sent the knife..

A few years ago Dwaine really seemed troubled about all the lying and taking money from customers, but recently it just looks like he got used to it.
Is there anybody who received a knife from him in 2018? Please come forward.

A few years ago Dwaine really seemed troubled about all the lying and taking money from customers, but recently it just looks like he got used to it.
Is there anybody who received a knife from him in 2018? Please come forward.
He seems to be a Habitual Liar, at least to me anyway

This thread makes me really, really sad. RIP the reputation of one of my favorite knife makers in the past.

The title really shouldn't be "mixed" anymore.

Doesn’t help that he says he has a disease that has been proven to be bunk science. As in real medicine says this disease doesn’t exist. Like saying your butthole is sore because vampire bigfoot probed you on his UFO.

Then ontop of that claims he is treating it with known snake oil; colloidal silver.

But don’t worry he’s just about to make a recovery and doe everyone right.

This thread makes me really, really sad. RIP the reputation of one of my favorite knife makers in the past.

The title really shouldn't be "mixed" anymore.
Agreed, my first experience with this guy has soured my opinion of him. I do have a Cobra button lock already, but I really wanted one in Damascus. The knife I have now is a bitch to get set right as far as uber tight lock up. Is a tiny bit of , and I mean just a tick of movement inherent in the ubolt design?

My Scout is rock solid.
Thanks for reply, after another week and multiple emails from me by phone and computer, carillo sends me an email, stating why I haven't emailed him. I sent at least twenty, lol. He has obvious mental issues. Gave me more excuses in this email, how hes going through a lot, truck broke down, blah,blah,blah. I told him I'm done with his games..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back