Dwayne is THE man!!! Blue Emu-inlaid Bowie RMD sheath.

SpyderPhreak

Rocketman for hire
Platinum Member
It's about time I finally got off my duff and got around to getting some good pictures of the sweet, sweet sheath I had Dwayne make for my satin Bowie RMD! :D

I wanted something I could carry either horizontally or vertically, and was versatile enough to easily go from a waist or shoulder backpack strap, to a saddle, and then to my belt while hunting.

Bowie_RMD_Sheath_3.jpg

Bowie_RMD_Sheath_1.jpg

After a few different ideas and some brainstorming with Dwayne, I came up with the idea of adding a split, integral belt loop on the back of the sheath, which would fasten together using one-way snaps like I've seen on some concealed-carry IWB holsters (pull-the-dot). This would be in addition to the regular vertical carry loop.

Bowie_RMD_Sheath_4.jpg

Anyway, just thought I'd share another one of Dwayne's fantastic working works of art! :thumbup: Enjoy! :cool: More pictures and some further description HERE over in the Swamp Rat sub-forum.

Thank you my friend! That RMD custom is fantastic! I have a love for Bowie profiles and that one just speaks to me, one of these days.... :)

Thanks again for the kind words! I really appreciate it. :D :D :D

You're welcome Dwayne! I love this sheath!!! It has already seen a fair amount of use (and there are some scuffs if you look closely at the pics). Like you, I have a soft spot for Bowie profiles, so when I found out I could get this without serrations, I was ALL over it.

I have at least two other knives I'm going to need to get sheaths from you for, but with some of the recent releases (Kill Devil, 1311) I just don't have the money right now. I'll get in touch when I'm ready! Thanks again Dwayne! :thumbup:

Back