• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Early Japanese Import Balisongs, A BM-42 T Latch and A Tops / Max Venom Folder

I have the following for sale.....

While ALL of these Balisongs are in new from the manufacturer condition (unused / unflipped) they still have some various scuffs / scratches / handling marks, etc. Often times these knives arrived from the manufacturer in this condition, the Japanese Production Facilities weren't known for providing excellent handling of their knives, at this point in time. So... the point being, ALL of these Vintage Japanese Balisongs are as received from the production facility shortly after the time of production and as such many have slight 'imperfections'.

That being said, I purchased a collection from an individual and have since decided to sell it.... so here goes.

JP03 : Valor "Shanghai" Camo

NIB w/ Box

Price: $100.00

JP04 : Valor "Golden Serpent"

NIB w/ Box

Price: $125.00

JP05 : Edge Mark "Black Dragon"

NIB w/ Box

JP06 : Frost Cutlery "Ninja III"

NIB w/ Box

Price: $150.00

JP07 : Valor "Cho"

NIB w/ Box

JP08 : Frost Cutlery "Ninja" BFK-6

NIB w/ Box

Price: 125.00

JP09 : Taylor "Manila Folder" G-973B

NIB w/ Box

Price: SOLD

JP10 : Valor "Shanghai" #571

NIB w/ Box

JP11 : Frost Cutlery "Philippine Butterfly"

NIB w/ Box

Price: $115.00

JP12 : Valor "Cho" Camo

NIB w/ Box

JP13 : Edge Mark "Black Dragon"

NIB w/ Box

JP14 : Frost Cutlery "Philippine Butterfly Knife" #120

NIB w/ Box

JP15 : Valor "Ninja" Camo #533

NIB w/ Box

JP16 : Taylor / Seto Dragon Claw (Manilla Latch)
Condition: Professionally sharpened edge (very well done and very sharp) lots of scratches on the black coated blade, as seen in the pics.
No box or sheath

30. Tops Knives / Max Venom 'Dimachaerus' Button Lock Folding Knife / Impact Tool

Specifications

Blade Steel : 154-CM Stainless Steel

Blade Length : . 4 1/2 in.

Closed Length: 5 1/2 in.

OAL Length Opened : 10 1/4 in.

This impressive Max Venom knife was named after the Dimachaerus, a class of Roman gladiators who fought using two swords. The Dimachaerus Impact folder offers both an edged weapon and an impact weapon for tactical applications. It has an innovatively designed blade that was made to puncture, thrust and sever with ease. Max Venom's signature bottle buster finger loop provides an added level of control to the design. This knife features a hand ground blade and a razor sharp edge.

Condition Note: Approximately 99 % , Everything is all original the ONLY flaw that I can see is an incredibly light scuff mark on the non presentation side of the blade, only visible under the right lighting conditions.

Price: $225.00

1 million and 9. Benchmade Model 42 'T-Latch' Balisong

Specifications

Blade Steel : Sandvik 12C27 Stainless Steel

Blade Length : 4 in.
Closed Length: 5 in.

OAL Length Opened : 9 in.

The venerable Model 42 Benchmade. What else is there to say? It's like the 1911 of the balisong world. Channel titanium constructed handles, Stainless steel blade. Lifetime Guaranteed by Benchmade, all American Made. Comes with original sheath, no box. It is indeed the answer to life, the universe and everything. (A Douglass Adams reference for those of you less well read, after which the Model 42 was named.) These have been discontinued for some time now, right around the turn of the century, this is the earlier version of the model 42, the "T-Latch" model, the predecessor to the "Spring Latch" model.

Condition Note: Approximately 98%, Edge is all original, never sharpened / never used.... there is a small 'scuff' or 'scratch' area on the hande (as seen in the pics) and there is an incredibly small scratch on the blade only visible under the right light, which I was unable to capture in the photos.

Price: $550.00

As with everything that I sell, if you're not 100% satisfied with the purchase you may certainly return the item for a complete refund of the purchase price. I, of course, cannot (and will not) be held liable for the knives AFTER they leave my possession, should the cutlery you purchased be damaged in transport and / or after you receive said cutlery, as unfortunate of a situation as that would be, there will be no refunds from me due to this. All the more reason for you to opt for insurance on the cutlery. Let me reiterate, AFTER the cutlery leaves my possession I will not be held responsible / accountable for it.

All prices are inclusive of S&H in the U.S., there will be a 4% charge for PayPal, I prefer USPS, Bank Money Orders or Cashiers Check for payment, however. Insurance is up to the buyer. No International Sales. I will wait on personal checks to clear prior to shipping. I can also process Visa, Mastercard and Discover credit cards, as well (again with a 4% fee).

It's YOUR responsibility to know the laws at YOUR location, not mine. Should any of these knives be illegal in your area I highly encourage you NOT to buy them.

I reserve the right to refuse sales to anyone for any reason. If you have an unsavory reputation within the community, I will not sell to you, don't ask! You'd only be wasting your time and energy.

First “I’ll take it” gets the cutlery.

My paypal address is : jj-guns (at) hot mail (dot) com

Thanks for Looking. Feel free to PM me or email me with any questions that you might have. Should my inbox be full feel free to send an email to the above email address.

Additional Pics of most of the knives are available upon request.

Please PM me or email me, I'm not sure what side of the 42 you'd like to see.....?

Are JP 08 & JP14 still available? If so, do either of these knives have major/minor defects?
Mike

D
I have the following for sale.....

While ALL of these Balisongs are in new from the manufacturer condition (unused / unflipped) they still have some various scuffs / scratches / handling marks, etc. Often times these knives arrived from the manufacturer in this condition, the Japanese Production Facilities weren't known for providing excellent handling of their knives, at this point in time. So... the point being, ALL of these Vintage Japanese Balisongs are as received from the production facility shortly after the time of production and as such many have slight 'imperfections'.

That being said, I purchased a collection from an individual and have since decided to sell it.... so here goes.

JP03 : Valor "Shanghai" Camo

NIB w/ Box

JP04 : Valor "Golden Serpent"

NIB w/ Box

JP05 : Edge Mark "Black Dragon"

NIB w/ Box

JP06 : Frost Cutlery "Ninja III"

NIB w/ Box

JP07 : Valor "Cho"

NIB w/ Box

JP08 : Frost Cutlery "Ninja" BFK-6

NIB w/ Box

Price: 125.00

JP09 : Taylor "Manila Folder" G-973B

NIB w/ Box

Price: SOLD

JP10 : Valor "Shanghai" #571

NIB w/ Box

JP11 : Frost Cutlery "Philippine Butterfly"

NIB w/ Box

Price: $115.00

JP12 : Valor "Cho" Camo

NIB w/ Box

JP13 : Edge Mark "Black Dragon"

NIB w/ Box

JP14 : Frost Cutlery "Philippine Butterfly Knife" #120

NIB w/ Box

JP15 : Valor "Ninja" Camo #533

NIB w/ Box

JP16 : Taylor / Seto Dragon Claw (Manilla Latch)
Condition: Professionally sharpened edge (very well done and very sharp) lots of scratches on the black coated blade, as seen in the pics.
No box or sheath

30. Tops Knives / Max Venom 'Dimachaerus' Button Lock Folding Knife / Impact Tool

Specifications

Blade Steel : 154-CM Stainless Steel

Blade Length : . 4 1/2 in.

Closed Length: 5 1/2 in.

OAL Length Opened : 10 1/4 in.

This impressive Max Venom knife was named after the Dimachaerus, a class of Roman gladiators who fought using two swords. The Dimachaerus Impact folder offers both an edged weapon and an impact weapon for tactical applications. It has an innovatively designed blade that was made to puncture, thrust and sever with ease. Max Venom's signature bottle buster finger loop provides an added level of control to the design. This knife features a hand ground blade and a razor sharp edge.

Condition Note: Approximately 99 % , Everything is all original the ONLY flaw that I can see is an incredibly light scuff mark on the non presentation side of the blade, only visible under the right lighting conditions.

Price: $225.00

1 million and 9. Benchmade Model 42 'T-Latch' Balisong

Specifications

Blade Steel : Sandvik 12C27 Stainless Steel

Blade Length : 4 in.
Closed Length: 5 in.

OAL Length Opened : 9 in.

The venerable Model 42 Benchmade. What else is there to say? It's like the 1911 of the balisong world. Channel titanium constructed handles, Stainless steel blade. Lifetime Guaranteed by Benchmade, all American Made. Comes with original sheath, no box. It is indeed the answer to life, the universe and everything. (A Douglass Adams reference for those of you less well read, after which the Model 42 was named.) These have been discontinued for some time now, right around the turn of the century, this is the earlier version of the model 42, the "T-Latch" model, the predecessor to the "Spring Latch" model.

Condition Note: Approximately 98%, Edge is all original, never sharpened / never used.... there is a small 'scuff' or 'scratch' area on the hande (as seen in the pics) and there is an incredibly small scratch on the blade only visible under the right light, which I was unable to capture in the photos.

Price: $550.00

As with everything that I sell, if you're not 100% satisfied with the purchase you may certainly return the item for a complete refund of the purchase price. I, of course, cannot (and will not) be held liable for the knives AFTER they leave my possession, should the cutlery you purchased be damaged in transport and / or after you receive said cutlery, as unfortunate of a situation as that would be, there will be no refunds from me due to this. All the more reason for you to opt for insurance on the cutlery. Let me reiterate, AFTER the cutlery leaves my possession I will not be held responsible / accountable for it.

All prices are inclusive of S&H in the U.S., there will be a 4% charge for PayPal, I prefer USPS, Bank Money Orders or Cashiers Check for payment, however. Insurance is up to the buyer. No International Sales. I will wait on personal checks to clear prior to shipping. I can also process Visa, Mastercard and Discover credit cards, as well (again with a 4% fee).

It's YOUR responsibility to know the laws at YOUR location, not mine. Should any of these knives be illegal in your area I highly encourage you NOT to buy them.

I reserve the right to refuse sales to anyone for any reason. If you have an unsavory reputation within the community, I will not sell to you, don't ask! You'd only be wasting your time and energy.

First “I’ll take it” gets the cutlery.

My paypal address is : jj-guns (at) hot mail (dot) com

Thanks for Looking. Feel free to PM me or email me with any questions that you might have. Should my inbox be full feel free to send an email to the above email address.

Additional Pics of most of the knives are available upon request.
Do you still have the seto dragon claw

Back