Early Maternity Leave?

Mrs. Big Chris

I am currently 37 weeks pregnant and scheduled to have the baby on April 3. I still get up and go to work everyday (I am an elementary school teacher) even though my ankles are rivaling the size of my calves. Big Chris said if he sells two knives this week, I can take off next week. He sold one this morning and I am hoping he posts and sells the other tomorrow. I don't think my ankles can handle much more.
He is posting a CPM 154 trailing point so be on the lookout for it. My ankles thank you.

Hope things go well with the delivery, how many children do you have with this one? Someone buy a knife so she can get some rest!! :D

cbach, this will be our fourth child. Hoping for a girl this time. It was almost 3 years ago when she was on bed rest with our third child that we decided to make a real go at the knife making. I was working a third shift part time job that I did not love to help pay the bills while still doing the duties of a stay at home dad. I made the same deal with her then "if I sell these 2 knives this week I will quit the other job". I sold them, and I quit the night work. We have made it work since, with a few rough patches here and there, but we have always had each other. Staying home to take care of my kids and knife making are the 2 most gratifying things I have ever done. I will never be able to thank all of those that have supported me in my passions enough.

Sooo.... Is today the day...? Or are we still waiting? Not finding out the gender til it pops out?

Yes, Today was the day. At 9:11 EST we were blessed with another baby boy.
Gender was a total surprise until the moment he made his appearance.
Elliot Christopher Berry was 6 lb 11 oz and 18.5" long.

Congrats! Hope you have family to help out and find sleep!

Personally I can't imagine another little beast at this stage! Our 2nd is almost out of diapers.. YAY

Congratulations mom and dad for a job well done!!!!
Prayers sent for the Berry family on a new chapter in life with the latest addition.

Thanks for the gracious comments.
We do have a very supportive extended family, but we are also very self sufficient.
Adding the second child was a lot of work, but the third fell in line like running water without a hiccup. I really see this one going that smoothly as well.
The biggest hindrance so far has been that Mrs.Big Chris and I have thought for the past 20+ weeks that this one was going to be a girl, and even went as far as buying a few girly things that would be needed. Well "she" turned out to be another "HE", and now we have a bit of returns/exchanges to make.
Thanks for the well wishes.

On April 3, 2015, we welcomed our newest addition to the Big Chris family, Elliot Christopher.
At 6 pounds, 10 ounces he is not quite a Big Chris yet but he will be headed that way soon.

01-NA6A6287.jpg

Congratulations to both of you and best wishes for all the boys (and momma) going forward!

Thanks everybody for your kind comments.
At just over a week old we are starting to find the routine that works for us.

Found your routine already! GET GRINDIN! :D JK... hope you find time for sleep.. cheers!

Back