Easy auto question regarding warranty

Auto's are totally legal in my state, but from what i read benchmade will only ship back knives to le/military that get sent in for warranty work. Is this true or am i missing something? Thanks

not an expert ( hi experts ! ) I though if you were ok on record buying, then sending back for work was ok.... but eit for a BM answer
; )

I'm not 100% on this but it's my understanding they only ship to you if you meet one of the qualifiers in the
acknowledgment form. The other option is for them to ship to your nearest authorized Benchmade dealer:

From the online form:
"Any automatic knife (button activated spring-opening) returned for Lifesharp/Warranty service from outside of Oregon must also include either a signed copy of the "Auto Knife Opening Acknowledgment Form," or have been signed online in the last six months, or be returned through an authorized Benchmade dealer."

Auto's are totally legal in my state, but from what i read benchmade will only ship back knives to le/military that get sent in for warranty work. Is this true or am i missing something? Thanks

That is true and you are missing nothing. The Switchblade Act prohibits the interstate shipment of automatic knives with some exceptions.

If legal to own and carry state such as my state (tn). Shouldn’t be any problems with shipping

Haven’t done this with BM, but have done it with ProTech. They said as long as it’s legal to own and carry in your state it shouldn’t be a problem...and it wasn’t.
Best way to find out is to call them and ask!

You can't have any auto shipped back to you if you don't qualify to fill out the form to purchase one from their site.

That being said, your dealer can ship and have the knife returned to his shop for warranty work....if you use a local dealer.

Unless you are active military or law enforcement all automatic knives shipped outside of Oregon must be returned to your local Benchmade authorized dealer.

My state is legal for autos and my dealer will ship it back to BM for $20. Takes a couple of weeks to get back.

Back