Easy way to re-coat pocket clip?

Hey BF,

Im a big fan of discrete all black and preferably with a matte finish pocket clips. But eventually all pocket clips get scratched up and become less discrete. I was curious if there was a quick method to touch up or put a black coating on a pocket clip?

Thanks,

Gideons

I had a Black Corolla a few years ago and just use the left over touch up paint that I bought for the door dings. It is a little shiny but works pretty well for me.

It is a small tube with a pen on one end and a small brush inside if you unscrew the other end.

I was curious if there was a quick method to touch up or put a black coating on a pocket clip?
Nothing good is quick.
A knife dude has got to do what a knife dude has got to do . . .
:)
Sounds like a parkerized clip is what is best for you .
Probably least hassle is to order a parkerized clip that fits your knife.
Barring that you could send it off and get it done but not quick or cheep.

Like this ? LINK > > >

Nothing good is quick.
A knife dude has got to do what a knife dude has got to do . . .

Sounds like a parkerized clip is what is best for you .
Probably least hassle is to order a parkerized clip that fits your knife.
Barring that you could send it off and get it done but not quick or cheep.

Like this ? LINK > > >

Big fan of benchmade parkerized pocket clips. The knife I've been EDCing a lot recently is the SOG terminus XR been thoroughly impressed with it so far. It is the cheapest knife I've owned, and they don't give free pocket clips to Canadians unlike ZT or BM. The pocket clip is starting to show some wear, kind of defeating the purpose of the ultra deepcare clip. Also being in Canada shipping to U.S. modifiers is very expensive haha.

Carbon fiber might be a workable option. I don't have a single one but I have seen photos of them here in the forums. Some are shiny and clear coated looking but some are flat black and they are black through and through so no chance of it wearing off.

Another option is ceracote. You could probably find someone locally who does it and see if they would do your clip when they are doing a job for another customer. It is a very durable coating that would stand up to day to day use probably better than anything else you could do.

The carbon fiber clips are not very durable. I would recommend either Ceracote or Duracoat, or powder coat.

The carbon fiber clips are not very durable. I would recommend either Ceracote or Duracoat, or powder coat.

Exactly what I was going to recommend. The clip is so small I bet you could get a place to coat it for a few bucks as long as they were doing a bunch of black parts that day.

My zt 0566 clip was painted and loosing the paint fast. So I removed it all and heat colored it. Its not black but the dark color does help it not stand out as much.
ODEV6wQ.jpg

I usually give up and satin finish my clips. It's easy to refinish them with scotchbrite when they get too scuffed up.

I'd try cerakote if I needed black, though.

Back