EB-LT Blade Design

I recently purchased an EB-LT fixed blade model and want to know why the blade is now a flat ground instead of the original hollow ground style? Also what kind of sharpening system do you most recommend for your knives? I'm very impressed with the knife construction and finish. The sheath is excellent as well. Look forward to abusing it. Thanks

I found a thread a while ago where Mick states that the Full-bevel grind cuts and chops better, is stronger, lighter and more expensive to manufacture than the hollow grind.

Many would argue that the hollow ground knifes are more aesthetically pleasing.

Personally, I really like the full bevel grinds.

I like the looks of hollow grind and it seems to be nicer for finessing cuts. The full bevel grind seems to be more stout for aggresive chores. Not one being better than the other --- just different. :)

Come on Mick, you know you can't do that in the Army anymore, if I had known about your knives and affiliation with the 75th I would have carried one through Ranger school and posted pics at graduation. I'll still put it through hell and post some anyway later on. THOUGH I BE THE LONE SURVIVOR. R do LTW.

Back