eBay compound

so there in the green compound on eBay that doesn’t have a brand that’s about the size of a mini muffin (1.8 ounces). Will it work well for stroping and how long will it last me?

Pretty hard to evaluate an unknown product from an unknown vendor. If it's good quality it will last a good while. I've had a bar of chromium oxide for years and it's not nearly anywhere near done.

I'd recommend purchase from a company with a name that has achieved a level of confidence. If the company selling on ebay has risen to that level, then it's probably worth the purchase.

Caveat emptor.

Pretty hard to evaluate an unknown product from an unknown vendor. If it's good quality it will last a good while. I've had a bar of chromium oxide for years and it's not nearly anywhere near done.

I'd recommend purchase from a company with a name that has achieved a level of confidence. If the company selling on ebay has risen to that level, then it's probably worth the purchase.

Caveat emptor.
I asked the seller what brand it is and i am waiting for a response. If it doesn't work out, are there any brands that you could recommend. I heard some saying they use Dialux compound was wondering if you or anybody else have had some experience with this brand.

I don't personally have much knowledge of the manufacturers of the product...so I rely on purchasing from vendors that I personally, or others whom I have come to respect, can vouch for.

If one of those vendors happens to be a site supporter, all the better, imho.

You could also use the diamond paste from ebay sold in the white containers from the Ukraine,if you look at the label where it say's Carat's or Carat I forget and if it say's 4.000 that container will have 4 Carat's of diamonds in the paste and you can get as high as 20 Carat if do want to try stuff with more diamonds just type in high concentration diamond paste you really don't need anything higher then 10 Carat and even then 6 and 8 are more then enough.

If you want to know how to read the label to know what Micron it is look at the label and if it say's 7/5 that means it's a 7 Micron paste and the 5 means that the smallest particle's that slipped threw when the were separating the diamonds was 5 Microns and there will be very few of them in the paste.

If you are wanting to use this on a straight razor stick with 6 or 8 Carat stuff and you can even go 10 but don't go any higher then 10 because there are more diamonds in the paste they tend to clump together past 10 Carat and can leave you with an edge that's not as well refind.

Well they responded. The seller said they don’t know what brand. All they know is that it’s package says made in USA? I strayed off of it and got some dialux because it seemed to have good reviews. Since it won’t be here for another week I tried toothpaste and got a wicked edge!

Back