Eco friendly cutlery

Green tableware is now being promoted around the world.The environmentally-friendly tableware I know so far is bamboo fiber, rice husk

I want to know, apart from bamboo fiber, do you know the environmental protection tableware of other materials?

Well my metal tableware that I've washed and reused for decades seems pretty green to me.
Well the mining, smelting, refining, and forging process are pretty brutal. There is a large energy cost. Just because they put some of the more poisonous stuff away from population centers doesn't mean it isn't dangerous.

OP - I don't know of anything other than bamboo. I do have some chopsticks made from recycled wood. I suggest reused things - there can be good tableware out there. Take care of it and use it to the end. The polluting has been done. To ignore it and buy new just creates more damage.

Bamboo cutting boards, Furniture etc is filled with Plastic & Chemicals .. nothing Green friendly about it!

Well the mining, smelting, refining, and forging process are pretty brutal. There is a large energy cost. Just because they put some of the more poisonous stuff away from population centers doesn't mean it isn't dangerous.

It only has to be done once. Using an old knife that was repaired is the greenest thing. All the really bad stuff was done years ago. Clean, repair, and resharpen and it cuts damn good. Very little "new" bad done.

Same could go for lots of tableware find good used, clean it up, and leave the bad in the past.

It only has to be done once. Using an old knife that was repaired is the greenest thing. All the really bad stuff was done years ago. Clean, repair, and resharpen and it cuts damn good. Very little "new" bad done.

Same could go for lots of tableware find good used, clean it up, and leave the bad in the past.
Sure, but those tailings are poisonous forever - and huge trouble if they get in the ground water. Just because something is done only once doesn't mean the effect isn't huge.
You also cut out the part where I said to reuse and take care of things because the polluting has been done. You just kind of repeated it

If steel table wear is a hazard, why are you even on a computer? Far worse things there and you will throw it away every few years.

I'm sure the green spoons and forks just magically manifest with no factory, no trucks or rail, no container ships to deliver them to the mall etc.

Using metal table ware that you carry with you and wash is the greenest solution. The green backlash is all about catering to the lazy who want to use something once and dispose of it.

And yes if you're on net with a computer or smartphone and no less on a spot that focus on knives that are pretty well exclusively made of steel well, there are bigger issues to solve first.

Back