Economic Stimulus....KMG give-away (Closed to further entries)

By now, I think everyone knows what's happening in this thread. If you are just tuning in, I'm afraid that you are too late, sorry.

Now we wait for Friday afternoon to sort out the winner. I'll need help!

Stay Tuned!!

************************************************************************************

Like everyone else...I'm tired of hearing about the current economic situation while watching the execs of these multi-national banks receive millions in bonuses from tax payer bail-out money. Meanwhile...my measly 401K is in the scmutz :D:D

So, It's time to take the situtation in our own hands!!

I would like to give away a Free KMG grinder with the idea that it will start a spark in economic growth. After all...we gotta start somewhere.

Here's my plan: By lotto drawing, the winner will receive a NEW KMG-PL grinder...delivered to their door here in the lower 48 states. Here's a pic:

kmg-pl5.jpg

There is no motor. This means that the winner...has to buy a motor from someone...and belts from someone else....and steel. Actually, this is not about getting a free grinder...but it's about spending money. When the winner buys belts and supplies for the new grinder, he's putting money back into the knife community. More money among knife nuts...means more custom knives being made and sold....and that means more shows attended, more supplies purchased, more money for more knives...shows, supplies...etc. It becomes a beautifully continous cycle of buying, selling and making a little money on the side.

This give-away is in good faith...so I don't think we really need rules...but if we do, then we can make them up as we go along.

Here's the guidelines. If you want to win this grinder...you must agree to spend a little money after you receive it. Yep, you need to buy belts and supplies...and stuff to complete the set it up. Post your progress here online. If you are a supplier and receive an order from the winner of the grinder...post it here as well. Let's watch the cycle grow!

We don't want the grinder to end up under a bench in someone's basement while they wait for a day when they can use it. We want you to start using it right away!

If you agree, then pick a number from 00-99 and post it here online. We will use Friday's ( 3/20/09) close of the Dow Industrial average to determine the winner. The first person that picks the 2 digit number closest to the last 2 numbers friday's close...without going over...wins the KMG. We are only using the numbers on left of the decimal point.

For example:

here are some picks:

21, 37, 94, 14

and let's say the DOW closes at 7,493.21.

The key number is the 93. So, the winner will be the person that posted 37. If 2 people post 37.....the winner is the one that posted it first.

Each person can only post one number.

Did I miss anything?

Whattaya think? Please help to perpetuate this concept. Feel free to jump in with any contributions or ideas.

Pick your numbers and let's get started!!

Last edited:
This is absolultely awesome of you Rob. Unfortunately, or fortunately, I've already get my KMG, so I'll leave this chance to someone else. This trumps every single give away I've ever seen in the years I've been here!!

--nathan

HOLY FREAKING COW!!!!! :eek: :eek: who in the world would get a KMG and let it sit anywhere but at work? Thanks Rob!!!

Put me down for 71

Thanks!!!!

Outstanding Rob! Very generous of you. I will take #61 please.

Thanks..............Rick

I'm one of the best money spenders in the business. I want in at #77
I cant believe what a great person you are Rob!

i can't believe it-i'll take 28....thanks for such a generous giveaway-i got a spot all cleaned and ready if i win!.....ryan

I'll take #58. Good luck to all involved! Thanks for the chance Rob, mighty generous of you! :thumbup: -Matt-

I would like 65. I just ordered about $500 worth of steel and belts, so I am playing my part in the stimulus.

Back