Economic Stimulus....KMG give-away (Closed to further entries)

The Dow closed at 7278.38

78 is the winning number.

And the KMG goes to...........

Justin Mercier!!

(from post #59)

Congrats Justin!! You are the clear winner and there's no need to saw the KMG in half...unless you want Nick to get 1/2 of it?

Shoot me a note with your shipping address and I'l send it on Monday.

Sincerely, Rob

Rob said NOTHING about reversing the numbers. NOTHING.

The only person that mentioned reversing the numbers was FOD, in order to generate an alternative winner for some of his handmade handle material.

Rob is taking the last two numbers to the left of the decimal point.

Dow closed at 7278.38

In Rob's example, the closing number that was relevant was 93. His example pics were 21, 37, 94, 14.

He said closest number WITHOUT GOING OVER. The 94 was over, so it would go to the pic of 37.

All of the available numbers were chosen, so the winner would have to have picked the EXACT number... 78. Which Justin picked.

Justin is clearly the winner.

Why are you reversing the 78 and coming up with 87? :)

Dude got my hopes up...I was just going to bed when I got an email offering to buy my new grinder....WTF:confused:...Then I convinced myself I had misread the rules, after knowing I did not win it. LOL

I knew my luck was not going to turn around that easy ;)

OH well...I'll keep on dreaming. I live in one of the counties with one of the highest jobless rates in the state with the highest jobless rates, so we sure could have used the boost...I have been laidoff for over a year now and the grinder fund has a lot of other funds standing in line before it. The KMG remains a dream. :)

Thanks again Rob you are still my hero. This is a great thing you have done.

All the best,

-Todd

Justin,

Never mind about the scales....It seems I did win my own stuff

Congrats on your new grinder...I am certainly envious!

Rob,
That has to be one of the most generous acts I've seen in some time. Thanks for stepping up.
Tracy

Awsome! Couldn't have gone to a nicer fella.:D

Nice job Rob!:thumbup:
Mace

Congratulations Justion, I know you will love it.

Rob thanks so much for doing this, it was very generous of you.

Congratulations Justin!!! Use that grinder in good health, be safe and productive! :)

It seems I did win my own stuff

Todd, you still got a pair of scales coming, on me! Shoot me a pm with your choice of camo dymondwood, brown canvas micarta or orange G10 and the size you want them. Congrats bro! If you just plain don't need them, pick some other deserving fella...

Rob, you've done a very cool thing. Thanks!

I'm going to do my best to stimulate the economy with this! I couldn't sleep a wink last night. First thing I'm going to do is order some more parts from Rob immediatley, a spare tool arm, small wheel attachment, 3/4" small wheel, the mounting baseplate, a step pulley for the grinder, and a drive belt. I want to put a nice VFD on this system but I don't have the money to do so right now.

I'll be further stimulating the economy by having my electrician run a 50 amp 220 volt circuit to my workshop this spring, that will let me get, later, the 2hp VFD motor from Rob that I /really/ want.

I'm giving Pops a call on monday to get some grinding belts, being almost out already, and iv'e got to get more bladesteel asap too, i'm down to only a 3 foot length of 1 x 1/4 1084 in my shop =(

I'm going to do my best to stimulate the economy with this! .................

........................by having my electrician run a 50 amp 220 volt circuit to my workshop this spring...........

..........I'm giving Pops a call on monday to get some grinding belts, being almost out already, and iv'e got to get more bladesteel asap too, i'm down to only a 3 foot length of 1 x 1/4 1084 in my shop =(

That's terrific......and just what I had in mind.

Hopefully, after the electrician finishes and gets paid, he'll take his girl out for dinner...

...and leave a big tip for the waitress...
...then she'll get her hair done the next day...
...then the solon owner will get a new TV...
...and so on.

Before you know it...folks will be lining up to buy custom knives...
....and custom makers will buy grinders...
....and a grinder maker will buy a retirement home in Key West where he can fish from sun-up to sun-down while sipping a cold bottle of his favorite frosty pop.

Ahhhh!! life is good...! :D:D

-Rob

That's terrific......and just what I had in mind.

...then she'll get her hair done the next day...
...then the solon owner will get a new TV...

-Rob

Rob that must be a yard sale TV ? :D
the last LCD TV I bought was $700.00 :eek: just a little one too :D

Ahhhhh. The American dream. Give away a grinder..... retire at "Frinks fishing shack" ....:D
Save me a beer...and some bait!;)
Mace

Awsome....AWSOME!!!!! Give away Rob!
You need to pat yourself on the back!
Awsome.
Mace

I'll take #55 again for this weeks drawing! Thanks for doooing his bra! Way kewl!
Mace

Back