EDC complete, got me a BK16!

Yep i'm satisfied i've completed my EDC setup for the summer this year, i picked up the BK16 today after a bit of debating, it was between the Buck/Tops CSAR fixed blade or the Becker, but after seeing them both in store today the Becker reeled me in, (if anyone has the CSAR please let me know what you think i havent seen much written about it and there are only like 3 vids out there as well) i was looking for aftermarket micarta scales but havent seen any out there yet so i may make some myself, i have a couple slabs of black linen sitting here waiting to be worked on. anyways just thought id post a pic to share, so here we go, have a great summer, i'm going to test this thing out fishing tomorrow morning!

Photo0062.jpg

awesome score man. the 16 is where its at. Toooj over at kabar said the micarta is coming, soon. Now its just a matter of semantics. Saint cutlery makes em too but i have a feeling that he is getting his butt kicked with orders since everytime i see em go up on the bay, they are gone. congrats on your new knife, and hang around some. we have a few canadians that frequent here, and we are hoping that you can properly represent the great white north, since these hooligans aint doing ya justice :D

Looks like a nice setup you've got there. I think you made a great choice (not that I'm biased at all :D).

I too am hoping to take my BK16 for a little fishing this weekend.

If you want micarta grips that are a bit fuller in the hand than the Kabar zytel then saintcutlery is a great option.

awesome score man. the 16 is where its at. Toooj over at kabar said the micarta is coming, soon. Now its just a matter of semantics. Saint cutlery makes em too but i have a feeling that he is getting his butt kicked with orders since everytime i see em go up on the bay, they are gone. congrats on your new knife, and hang around some. we have a few canadians that frequent here, and we are hoping that you can properly represent the great white north, since these hooligans aint doing ya justice :D

Haze, I think you're being called a hooligan. :confused:

Doc

Where do you buy that kind of pack and how much did it run you?

Nice knives... also lol

hey guys and girl thanks for the comments, you Beckerheads seem like a decent bunch!. MEJ and Feezle, the pack is by 5.11 Tactical, its a Rush Moab 10, by far the best sling bag ive ever come across, cost me $79 canadian on sale, but they usually go for about $100 online.

hey guys and girl thanks for the comments, you Beckerheads seem like a decent bunch!. MEJ and Feezle, the pack is by 5.11 Tactical, its a Rush Moab 10, by far the best sling bag ive ever come across, cost me $79 canadian on sale, but they usually go for about $100 online.

How are you liking the 16 so far? I'll assume you have the FFG version for now, but correct me if I'm wrong. Also, I (I think we) would love to see some pics with that set up fishing like you mentioned!

And Clich is right, we need more BHs in the North, need more in the South, East, and West as well, but one at a time I guess. Please stick around, we tend to get lonely with each other and need more offerin... I mean friends that will jump into a volcano with(out) us! :p

I've been looking at the 5.11 MOAB 10 (I thought Rush was the full sized packs?), can you give me an idea on the space on the inside? I wanna get one for out at summer camp (staffing 8-10 weeks of Boy Scout summer camp), but the only thing making me look at others is: Space, I need room for stuff like duct tape, first aid kit, a water bottle (probably looking at add on pouches for the water bottle and FAK), uniform shirt (spandex type material, rolls up relatively small), and other EDC type stuff.

well fishing was a bust today, too windy... i did however catch a fish with horns!, never seen one of them before, oh and the fish grunted at me repeatedly, never seen anything like it, anyone know what it is? here's a few pics...

Last edited:
Interesting........ not sure I'd eat that one till I found out what it was, haha.

You know what they say, a bad day fishing beats a good day at work :D

How are you liking the 16 so far? I'll assume you have the FFG version for now, but correct me if I'm wrong. Also, I (I think we) would love to see some pics with that set up fishing like you mentioned!

And Clich is right, we need more BHs in the North, need more in the South, East, and West as well, but one at a time I guess. Please stick around, we tend to get lonely with each other and need more offerin... I mean friends that will jump into a volcano with(out) us! :p

I've been looking at the 5.11 MOAB 10 (I thought Rush was the full sized packs?), can you give me an idea on the space on the inside? I wanna get one for out at summer camp (staffing 8-10 weeks of Boy Scout summer camp), but the only thing making me look at others is: Space, I need room for stuff like duct tape, first aid kit, a water bottle (probably looking at add on pouches for the water bottle and FAK), uniform shirt (spandex type material, rolls up relatively small), and other EDC type stuff.

hey oxide, i'll take some pics of the bag later and post them up for you, it sounds like it might be perfect for your needs, i know it is for mine its really quite roomy, i can go a weekend in the bush with just this bag and a few things strapped to it.

Back