EDC Custom/Production size?

Hi Everyone

A while back I got 2 of the EDC's into the country for friends, and immediately fell in love with the design. Only problem is, I have big hands, and they were just too small. So, I ordered a layered, titanium framed D2 version from Darrel, In 4 inch size. Now, what I need to know is - is this significantly bigger than the production EDC? I realise the obvious answer, but I mean subjectively - is there anyone else who finds the Camillus version just too small?

Thanks for any input

James

I'm with you on this one. I like the design a lot, but I just don't find myself carrying 3" blades very often. A 4", or even 3-1/2", would probably put the EDC onto my short-rotation for carry.

--Bob Q

James - size is relative :) I guess you can say I've got average size hands but I don't feel uncomfortable with the CUDA EDC. If I've got heavy cutting to do I'll step up to my 3.6" or 4" blade custom EDCs but for general cutting the CUDA EDC is a great size for me. I have always been a fan of folders that have blades around 4" but after I started carrying the EDC several months ago I am starting to come around on the 3" bladed folders.

I bought the Camillus EDC to try out the size before ordering a custom from DDR. I love the Camillus EDC (I have the anniversary ed.) but I do find it smallish -- and my hands are not especially large. It's roughly the same size as a small Sebenza, but my hand always seems to find itself hanging off the butt end of the EDC.

I ordered a 3.6" EDC from Darrel which seems enormous by comparison! It's extremely comfortable in hand, but a lot less sheeple friendly at my office.

The Camillus is an ideal size in my pocket, though.

Subjectively, the 4" is twice the size of the 3". With somewhat small hands, I can grip the 4" EDC at the back of the handle, and still have an inch of handle in front of my thumb. Subjectively, it makes a 710HS look small. You would have to have enormous hands to think this knife is too small.

Thanks guys, that's exactly what i wanted to know!

The Camillus EDC was barely a 3 finger grip for me.

I'm off to palm some basketballs.

James

Back