EDC (Every Day Carry) by Daniel Koster

I got 6 blades back from heat-treat. I will post updates/pics later. Got to run to class.

:thumbup:

Dan

I managed to cut a few of these - will post a pic when I can.

Thanks!

Dan

I sent 1n deposit just now, pls reserved for me a 4.5 " with tan micarta as in your photo, leather sheath.

Dan,
Any update on the EDC's ETA? TIA

not yet...still figuring things out. This might end up being a small-run to keep things simple. Not sure yet.

Hello,Dan!
The list is still open?
I want a 4''!!

Yes!

I sent 1n deposit just now, pls reserved for me a 4.5 " with tan micarta as in your photo, leather sheath.

got it - thanks!

email sent~

Got it - reply sent.

Dan -- Did you get the email re the change in my EDC order? TIA

Yes - done.

Thanks!

Dan

Dan,

Can you tell me where I can get the leather vertical/horizontal sheath for a 3.5" EDC? Happy to buy from you, or where ever you point me.

Thanks!

I can have my local leather guy make one up - won't be exactly the same as the JRE, but will take less time. As I understand, JRE is backlogged quite a bit.

UPDATE:

I've made an Official Order Page now. Time to start moving on these. :thumbup:

Here is the link:

www.kosterknives.com/EDC2011.htm

I'll post it up on the first page as well. Let me know if I have the information correct!

Thanks!

Dan

Dan,

As long as it's able to be carried vertically or horizontally safely and securely, I don't care where it comes from. What would your local leather guy charge?

Thanks!

Brian

By the way, forgot to add. The 3.5" EDC is one hell of a knife! I believe it is the best in fit and finish of the now 7 of your knives I own! Not to mention being my new favorite. Most excellent job my friend!

Thanks for the kind words. :thumbup:

I'm not sure what he'd charge, but I'll ask first. It would be less if you could do natural leather rather than black. With JRE, using black leather is ok, but for my local guy to get it....takes some $$$.

Thanks for the kind words. :thumbup:

I'm not sure what he'd charge, but I'll ask first. It would be less if you could do natural leather rather than black. With JRE, using black leather is ok, but for my local guy to get it....takes some $$$.

Natural leather is fine with me.

Dan,
my balance has been sent via paypal
I can have my local leather guy make one up - won't be exactly the same as the JRE, but will take less time. As I understand, JRE is backlogged quite a bit.

UPDATE:

I've made an Official Order Page now. Time to start moving on these. :thumbup:

Here is the link:

I'll post it up on the first page as well. Let me know if I have the information correct!

Thanks!

Dan

Great news - glad you could get the JRE. My leather guy was going to charge quite a bit more.

I got the handles cut out and ready to glue up. List updated.

:thumbup:

I'm waiting on liner material to show up - ran out. I should be able to glue these up by end of next week.

Dan

Back