EDC Fixed Blade Knives

IMG-20201208-153133-01.jpg

Does this count, tho I've never carried it, someone did! Picked it up back in the 90s from a musuem while in China.

IMG_0283.JPG IMG_0389.JPG

Three fixed blades, first is a bird and trout, the next is a hunter I got off the exchange, and finally the one I won in the JK Giveaway. The hunter in the first pic has a good feeling handle, with a big enough grip. I am hoping to pair the hunter or the giveaway-won knife with the friction folder.

Last edited:
that hunter looks great cbach8tw

I mean, all three do, but that's the one that calls to me in your post

IMG-20201208-153133-01.jpg

Does this count, tho I've never carried it, someone did! Picked it up back in the 90s from a musuem while in China.

Is it a Han artifact - were you able to learn anything about it when you purchased it?

I would be fascinated to know the time periods and location it comes from!

that hunter looks great cbach8tw

I mean, all three do, but that's the one that calls to me in your post

Is it a Han artifact - were you able to learn anything about it when you purchased it?

I would be fascinated to know the time periods and location it comes from!

Technically it is a coin, shaped like a knife. The card might have details, I don't read Mandarin sadly. I'm really just guessing at the details, I believe it came out of the Yan Province in NE China during the Zhou Dynasty sometime between 771 to 476 BCE. This could be the coin Confucius used to buy his chop-sticks.

My elegant element clip point hunter stays in the steady edc rotation. You can tell by the patina on the scales and blade. As well as the pocket slip that was gifted to me16131687842342633777813045227002.jpg

Thanks, I am attempting to add the pics but it did not save them.

I will another device, maybe it will let me change the size. But basically it was the pocket Kephart small stubby blade and a a stubby handle that fills the hand, much like the size of a Mora Eldris. Just for quick cuts while outside is what I remember I was told.

I think you are talking about the one jds1 had me make, basically a handmade Eldris.

Back