EDC frame lock folder $600 budget?

If you look you could probably find a good deal on a Marfione Custom ANAX those are freaking sweet.

Take a look at the Ferrum Forge Mordax. Titanium framelock, flipper with smooth/quick action, cutting edge is 3.375" with overall blade length at 3.625" and weighs in at 5.4oz.

Take a look at the CKF Morrf series. I think the Morrf 4 (all Ti and M390) is still available at FRWK. The previous versions would have to be found on the secondary market. The ergonomics are superb and the pseudo-persian, ffg blade is very versatile.

He said no Custom Knife Factory. Good suggestion otherwise.

I have been carrying and using one of the Spartan Harsey Folders for a few days now and it is rapidly becoming my favorite of all time. It probably compares the most directly to an Umnumzaan, which I love too, but it feels tougher and fits my hand much better.

You might want to check out the Spartan Blades SHF (Spartan Harsey Folder). I know I plan to pick one up as soon as I can afford it. I absolutely love my Lone Wolf T2, and the SHF is the frame lock rebirth of the pattern.

4.25" blade length.

Todd Begg Steelcraft Kwaiken with stonewashed or black stonewashed 4" blade of S35VN and smooth IKBS bearings flipper.

At that range, I'd keep my eyes open for an Andre Thorburn or Andre VanHeerden folder. I scored a Van Heerden M16 a while back for around $600 and it was an absolutely phenomenal folder. Best flipping action of any knife I'd ever got my hands on, and that's a pretty good list.

Edit: just realized it doesn't meet the Framelock requirement, but I'm sticking with it :).

Thank you So much for all the great suggestions guys. I've got a lot of research to do haha.
What do you guys think of the gimsmo rask? It's a bit steep at 675, would it be worth it over the other options?

You might want to check out the Spartan Blades SHF (Spartan Harsey Folder). I know I plan to pick one up as soon as I can afford it. I absolutely love my Lone Wolf T2, and the SHF is the frame lock rebirth of the pattern.

Yeah, that SHF looks pretty sweet. It has the LBS on the inside, which also secures the lockbar from all directions, not just over-traveling. I've seen this before but I still thought it was pretty neat, since many makers just prevent the lockbar from over travel.

One thing I noticed, is that the secondary bevel (the edge) doesn't seem to meet the plunge line. It looks like they left about .25" to .5" unsharpened:confused: Nothing un-fixable, but still...WTH???

At that range, I'd keep my eyes open for an Andre Thorburn or Andre VanHeerden folder. I scored a Van Heerden M16 a while back for around $600 and it was an absolutely phenomenal folder. Best flipping action of any knife I'd ever got my hands on, and that's a pretty good list.

Edit: just realized it doesn't meet the Framelock requirement, but I'm sticking with it :).

Totally agree. You'll be blown away with one of Andre's knives OP:thumbup:

He said no Custom Knife Factory. Good suggestion otherwise.

Yeah - caught that the second time I read it. I think my brain registered CRK the first time. Too bad - the Morrf is a terrific knife, especially at the $280 price point.

wow just looked at an Andre Thorburn a2 a5 flipper cf on Arizona Custom Knives website and am going to let go of a crk carbon inlay lg 21 plus some cash to get the Andre knife--it is badass.

I never thought an XM18 would be my thing until I bought and carried one. Now I have two. I recommend you pick one up.

Why spend so much money on a blade that you are going to work with it will rough it up quite a bit

Because I can afford it? It's not like I'm going to be cutting down a tree with it. Just simple tasks like opening boxes, mail, light food prep etc
Just wanted to chime in and say I'm totally with you here. I'll never in my life buy an "art" knife without the intent of using it.

And just so I'm not wasting space...
Reate makes solid knives. I personally love the Torrent. M390 is my bread and butter.
I'm also not a big fan of S35VN. It seems to roll faster than most other "high-end" steels...and has carved itself into a niche of being used in more expensive knives than it deserves due to CRK using it. But that's just my opinion...you clearly like CRK so I assume you like the steel as well.

Southard Tolks in blue and bronze are available at an online specialty knife retailer. A Defiant7 might be another consideration.

Back