Edc hard use knives used hard

I was trying to find the forum on tapatalk to be able to post photos but struck out.
Also noticed I'm posting under two different accounts lol not sure how I'm doing that.

5AC6D0ED-D412-4996-A8AF-00D54C345EF0.jpeg B2F74E64-9E18-4B0A-9E5F-8FDABB67E683.jpeg Been on roof of a strip mall wiring rooftop units this morning now hooking up underground well lites. Hit some existing UF wires while trenching and had to splice them back together with underground splice kits. Cutting back weed barrier paper under the existing mulch and landscaping to bury conduit and lites. The Large Inkosi is definitely a good working and user knife. I personally don’t mind a tanto blade. The Inkosi blade isn’t as slicey as the 21

Shame I can't post pictures on here my EDC spyderco tenacious is a good example of a knife that's been fairly well used but not overly abused. I have a victorinox huntsman that has been used to within an inch of its life too.
I can't understand why the ones abusing knives don't carry a multitool or little prybar of some sort. I rarely break a knife now I carry a multitool as well.

Shame I can't post pictures on here my EDC spyderco tenacious is a good example of a knife that's been fairly well used but not overly abused. I have a victorinox huntsman that has been used to within an inch of its life too.
I can't understand why the ones abusing knives don't carry a multitool or little prybar of some sort. I rarely break a knife now I carry a multitool as well.
B966F458-3DB9-4CCD-B41E-398DBEA3C261.jpeg In my right pocket everyday. Comes in handy In a pinch. I’ll usually have tools around me that can be used but when I don’t that little guy is good to have. Use it for a prybar more than anything

You know what guys ? You have disappointed me . This topic is final proof that real user of knives are probably not members on bladeforums.com .All that endless topic about steel retention , about magic super-duper steel end up with several images with scratches on the blade and this video ? This is last time I click to open and look in topic like this .. ....show your hard used knives ,what are lost of time .... sorry !
Why this video was recorded at all , I will never understand

Last edited:
You know what guys ? You have disappointed me . This topic is final proof that real user of knives are probably not members on bladeforums.com .All that endless topic about steel retention , about magic super-duper steel end up with several images with scratches on the blade and this video ? This is last time I click to open and look in topic like this .. ....show your hard used knives ,what are lost of time .... sorry !

Knives can be hard-used without looking destroyed.

Jim

By all means show use your version of hard used. Please enlighten us with your wisdom and knowledge Obonekanobe.

I get it. When you see "hard use" you want to see things flat out taken to the limit. You want hard use to mean more than cutting somewhat harder cheese.
With that said, hard use for a knife, for most of us on BF, just means using the knife for all it was intended for and maybe a bit more here and there.
I'm sure any of us here could easily take any knife no matter how tough and snap it in two with no more than a little imagination and leverage.
The thing is, most of us here also enjoy our knives as more than JUST tools and would like to continue owning the knife in one piece.
When hard use turns into something that will likely cause serious structural damage we have better suited tools for those tasks.

Also, if you're truly looking through the forums you'll see plenty of people using their knives harder than most would feel comfortable with, especially for an expensive CRK for example, but when you're 30+ feet in the air or on the other side of a sweltering attic the knife you have is the knife you use cause you gotta finish the job and get out of there, no time to trade the CRK out for a Stanley box cutter.

There’s a difference between hard use and stupid use which I’ve seen and yes it’s ugly. Then there’s smart use that prevents damage to your knife during hard tough work. Scratches will happen but that can be in light duty too so scratches don’t = hard use.

I use my knives just about every day and at times cutting some tough materials and a lot of it but I don’t get careless or stupid. At least not since I was a kid.

I get it. When you see "hard use" you want to see things flat out taken to the limit. You want hard use to mean more than cutting somewhat harder cheese.
With that said, hard use for a knife, for most of us on BF, just means using the knife for all it was intended for and maybe a bit more here and there.
I'm sure any of us here could easily take any knife no matter how tough and snap it in two with no more than a little imagination and leverage.
The thing is, most of us here also enjoy our knives as more than JUST tools and would like to continue owning the knife in one piece.
When hard use turns into something that will likely cause serious structural damage we have better suited tools for those tasks.

Also, if you're truly looking through the forums you'll see plenty of people using their knives harder than most would feel comfortable with, especially for an expensive CRK for example, but when you're 30+ feet in the air or on the other side of a sweltering attic the knife you have is the knife you use cause you gotta finish the job and get out of there, no time to trade the CRK out for a Stanley box cutter.
Bingo

By the way:
tumblr_pyd783y6bj1w97nd1o1_500.jpg

But then look what happens: tip broke
tumblr_pyd783y6bj1w97nd1o2_500.jpg

Also for the fun of it:
tumblr_p2xg8mFtva1w97nd1o1_540.jpg

tumblr_p2xg8mFtva1w97nd1o3_540.jpg

tumblr_p2xg8mFtva1w97nd1o4_540.jpg

Took 3 or 4 hours of: 1 careful pass on the grinder and then hose 'er down to avoid ruining the heat treat,
repeat on the other side until sharp. Had a much better understanding of rinse and repeat after that :D

I have seen the old timers use their slip joints for every job you could imagine. Screw driver, scrapers, pry bar, cut wire. What was funny was that some of them would use them for 20 years. Wonder if I modern so called over built knives could do all that?

So my wife just yelled from downstairs “ hey Mr. always as a knife and flashlight, come down here and actually use them!”
So I went down and gave a lesson on right tool for the job! And that guys and gals is “ hard use”

View attachment 1284080 View attachment 1284081

If my girl asked me to throw my most expensive knife into a woodchipper for whatever reasong, I would do it withouth hesitation. Not worth getting her mad. A new knife is pocket change compared with what a limb costs nowadays.

Anyway, besides a bunch of socks strangely tied together... I cannot really tell what is going on in that picture! Some kind of un-tieable washing machine octopus? Did the knife survived after completing the task it was called for?

Mikel

Back