EDC ii

I like smaller knives with 3" - 3.5" blades.

I love the look of the edc ii with its leaf-shape, but I've been having a hard time finding reviews of it. The one review I was able to find is a dead link...
Is it not popular? Pros/cons?

If anyone owns one, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks much!

The EDC II is one of the bestest ones out there. When we moved, I kept a hemp wrapped EDC II out and we used it for just about everything from boxes to sandwich making. It's one of my go to blades as it does all things well. It's got good belly and more of a leaf shaped blade. I really like it.

I've handled 100's of Andy's knives and it's probably in the top 5% of blades. However, the toboggan is the under-rated monster workhorse out there, IMO.

Thanks so much swonut swonut !
It looks like a terrific blade. Although smaller than either, the shape seems to be somewhere between a nessmuk and the arete - both of which I find very visually appealing. Despite a fairly good-sized belly, it also looks - the one I'm considering, at least - as if it has enough straight edge to be useful for many tasks.
Again, I'm just surprised that comments/reviews are so hard to find. FFs aren't cheap and I don't have a way of trying it out before pulling the trigger. I know there's a very active secondary market, but some models will probably sell/retain their value better than others.

Thanks again!

I've got lots of them. They are not cheap, but they do work. I am fond of a comment that I made a long time ago that sums up my FBF experience. "If you just want to cut something, get a Mora. If you want to smile every time you cut something, then get a Fiddleback.

While I didn't get to handle an EDC II, I did get to handle a majority of the other models in that size range. Here's a link to the thread, if you have some time check it out! There was also a similar thread done by pertinux pertinux I'll find that one and link it as well.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-3-1-2-edc-share.1477680/

The EDC II doesn't do it for me aesthetically, but I know a lot of guys really like that model.

Edit: here's the other thread. Not completely EDC focused as the first thread, but there's lots of great info in there, and it's always a pleasure to read what P writes. https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/a-bounty-of-borry-a-cornucopia-of-compare.1462484/

The EDC was one of my first designs. I redesigned it with a better handle IMO. I think it flies under the radar, but we sell a lot of them.

The EDC was one of my first designs. I redesigned it with a better handle IMO. I think it flies under the radar, but we sell a lot of them.
Thank you for adding your comment! I'm relatively new to the forums here and thoroughly enjoy it. As many have stated before me, one of the special treats - apart from finding so many like-minded folks to share our thoughts and experiences - is being able to get information from the makers themselves. Fabulous!

Re the edc/edc ii, I have been admiring the pictures to see how it has evolved over time. It's a shape that just speaks to me and there's one with gorgeous evergreen burlap that just keeps calling me back...

Thanks to everyone for sharing your thoughts and links!

The edc ii will likely be my first FBF and I think everyone knows where that leads to... :)

Done.

One beautiful EDC II with black bolsters over evergreen burlap and black liners with black pins/trinity pinout boxed up and ready to be shipped to me when the post office opens again tomorrow.

Can't wait to use it and share my impressions.

Re the edc/edc ii, I have been admiring the pictures to see how it has evolved over time. It's a shape that just speaks to me and there's one with gorgeous evergreen burlap that just keeps calling me back...
Done.

One beautiful EDC II with black bolsters over evergreen burlap and black liners with black pins/trinity pinout boxed up and ready to be shipped to me when the post office opens again tomorrow.

Can't wait to use it and share my impressions.

I'm late to this clam bake, but I'm glad to see you've acted on your inclination, to go with a pattern that just plain beckons to you over and against others. You have to start somewhere, after all!

Please do let us know what you think about your new EDC II. :)

~ P.

I'm late to this clam bake, but I'm glad to see you've acted on your inclination, to go with a pattern that just plain beckons to you over and against others. You have to start somewhere, after all!

Please do let us know what you think about your new EDC II. :)

~ P.
Thank you pertinux pertinux

I absolutely will as soon as I can find the time - swamped at work. I'm a relative novice to knives, but I have a few and I have some thoughts that I look forward to sharing.

For now, I can confirm what SA Condor SA Condor said above about there being "something special about these knives" and how "amazing the handles really are".

It will not be my only, or my last, and I am already looking at, for example, the handyman - which should feel equally at home in the diomedes ind. Earl sheath
I ordered... :)

Back