EDC III Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUzE7E4.jpg

Thank you, it's the Pequena. Rumor has it that they are going to stop making the Pequena, so pick one up if you can. It obviously a very utilitarian knife with the carbon steel and the bubinga wood handles, but it takes a great edge and has a wonderful FFG leaf shape blade. Great user knife for sure.

Fantastic Thorburn there Scott!

I have a GEC #55. Cuts like a laser.

Thanks Erik and it has his first ever full flat grind on a folder and is smooth beyond description!

Love the blade shape on your GEC as well, gonna be watching the draft to see if the Vikings take their "franchise" quarterback tonight.

Thanks Erik and it has his first ever full flat grind on a folder and is smooth beyond description!

Love the blade shape on your GEC as well, gonna be watching the draft to see if the Vikings take their "franchise" quarterback tonight.

If it's not Manziel they better wait and draft a QB in the later rounds. We don't want another Christian Ponder experiment. Manziel might be not be a prototypical NFL QB but the kid can flat out play. It is going to be an interesting draft for sure, I am looking forward to it.

If it's not Manziel they better wait and draft a QB in the later rounds. We don't want another Christian Ponder experiment. Manziel might be not be a prototypical NFL QB but the kid can flat out play. It is going to be an interesting draft for sure, I am looking forward to it.

Totally agree with the Manziel reference, the dude just makes plays.
Good luck tonight.

Suweet! I was playing with a photo editor after you mentioned you were waiting for this. Just to see what it would look like before you posted it. Did not disappoint. That's very cool.

Glad you like it. I'm finally thinking it's complete.

Was thinking of picking up a zero tolerance 0560 hinderer design blackwash folder. Can anyone verify the durability of the blackwash finish? Would I be better off getting the stonewashed? I just don't want to have it all worn off, or easily scratched.
Its a DLC coating that has been stonewashed. DLC doesn't flake off or scrape off like paint. It will scratch but it won't scratch any easier then an un-coated blade. Since its stonewashed it won't show scratches as easily. Its just like how a normal stonewashed blade hides scratches.

^^^What SpringAssisted said! The Blackwash models already come all "roughed up" so the user doesn't have to worry about scratches.

DLC takes forever to wear so you're good to go.

Now back to the pics:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back