EDC III Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not out of ignorance.
I will certainly be browsing that brand now seeing your taste in blades :) thank you.

I'm having a hard time getting past the natural finish sr1a. But if umnumzaan is quality too, you may have opened another can of worms.

Both of these saw pocket time today.
20140511_151344.jpg

That looks great John! We went to my six year old's first soccer game of the Spring. She decided she was too scared to play and hid behind Mom's chair the whole game. :rolleyes:

Aww man, that sounds so adorable! I can't wait to get my little one into soccer. She'll probably do the same thing haha!

And today is my trusty companion pictured with this holy cannoli!

Lovely Sunday morning at the range with a few friends.

20140511_120719.jpg

20140511_095654.jpg

I also brought along my Charge Tti because I needed to zero in my brand new Remington 597 (fun little plinker) and it had the right bits for the sights.

Aww man, that sounds so adorable! I can't wait to get my little one into soccer. She'll probably do the same thing haha!

And today is my trusty companion pictured with this holy cannoli!

Hey John, sorry I missed your last post...sounds like you enjoyed a good Mothers day? Ours was a gray rainy day...took my wife and boys out for lunch (my turn to cook):D I of course ate to much...turkey, potatoes, gravy, meatballs...now we just downloaded a movie on the Kindle and the struggle begins to try and stay awake:eek:

Even after all I ate the Cannoli looks awfully good:thumbup:

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday buddy;)

How do you like the ruger? What caliber? I shot a 2.25" .357mag and like the feel but felt a slightly longer barrel would be better.

I love it! I'm quite fond of stainless .357 Rugers and own GP100, Security Six and SP101 revolvers. The 3" SP101 in the picture is my favourite carry revolver. Shooting full house loads out of it is quite comfortable (I do enjoy stout loads). The extra half inch might not seem like much, but it does help a lot (a bit extra sight radius and so on).

Blue theme for this Sunday, I'm rockin the 0560bw.

I27sbkK.jpg

I can't get the image to upload with the right rotation :(

Attachments

• IMG_4519.jpg
    IMG_4519.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Is it possible to know a bit more about this knife ?
More photos ?

Thanks

Ken

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1041779-First-Laconico-EDC

The thread is located in a sub-forum that Ray Laconico shares with Michael Vagnino. Ray is tops in every way, although he's got a lot going on, and we haven't heard from him in a while.

The price of Laconico's work is going up, fast, and his customs are only for sale for a few hours, when they do come up. Ray has only been making knives for three years or so (somebody correct me, since I'm probably wrong), and there are not a lot to go around.

So, if you want one, be prepared to search hard and buy fast. Ray doesn't do special orders, so new knives show up when he's good and ready.

Last edited:
Far be it for me to admit any possible wrongdoing, but I'll just say that this weekend I carried a knife both days.

So, on Saturday, my wife and I managed to catch one of the last weekends of a particular flower and garden festival going on:

13982182847_d15722ea80_b.jpg

I can neither confirm nor deny that this particular shot was surreptitiously taken at that particular flower and garden festival:

14145661986_e8590c8a28_b.jpg

That said, this little Cadet Alox has absolutely floored me with its jewel-like perfection. The blade isn't as sharp as I'd have liked right out of the package, but I'll fix that here in the next day or two on my Sharpmaker. Every other aspect of this little knife is amazing, and I'm blown away completely*. This thing absolutely and absurdly disappears in a pocket, and contains pretty much all of the tools you may need for most EDC tasks. The scales are great, the tools are just right, it's now on my person every day, to keep my ZT 0801 company.

Also of note? I got it at a big-box store whose icon is something archers and people who play darts are familiar with, five bucks cheaper than ANYwhere I saw it available online. :thumbup:

* Which, these days, is actually hard to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back