EDC Pistols: What's in your holsters?

Considering finally going to get my CCW permit and curious what everyone is carrying these days. So, here is a thread to discuss your CCW!

Pics are a welcome bonus. Pics in holster and how it conceals even better! :)

Most times I have one of my NAA mini ,22's in a pants pocket. Sometimes two, one in each front pocket. Hiking in Texas, one is loaded with CCI snake shot, the other is CCI mini mags or stingers.

The DeSantis pocket holster is so comfortable you can forget you're carrying a gun. The other mini gets carried in a IWB holster that it came with. I took the clip off and made it into a pocket holster. The mini with the Hogue rubber grip is the one I keep with the mini mags in the right hand pocket.

Last edited:
I own 2 handguns currently but my brother and I are cross registering them now on our permits cause we are old and getting older. So I mostly carry an old, and I say that cause this cause it is about 20 yrs old, a CCO in the original configuration. That is a forged titanium officers frame and forged s.s. slide in Commander length. Best .45 I have ever owned and it seemed back in the 70's, 80's, and up until the mid 90's I was on a quest to find the best .45 for me and this is it. This is THE handgun I carry almost always.

I also own a Rossi 971 in .357 with a 2.5" barrel. Bought this a few years as I recall before the CCO. This revolver is built on old S&W machining and uses the original lock work config. as I understand for the K frame revolvers. I get about 4" groups off hand at 25yds with and full power loads. I really like it for reliability and its looks.

Now my brother just bought a few months ago, a SCCY 9mm the PX1 or something like that. So I am going to give that one a go too. Just secured some holsters for it and bought a few hundred rounds of testing ammo along with the Sig Sauer Elite 115gr. ammo. My brother has many more guns than I do so I'll have a choice of several different ones in the next few weeks. keepem sharp

P225A1 in a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder GT iwb. Or a S&W 638 mostly in a High Noon Reaction kydex. Now that jacket weather is approaching the snubbie will see some pocket time.

I'll get a pic of the pair later.

Carried this CZ 85 for many years. But it is my brothers and no longer resides with me. I really, really liked this pistol.

AxsQzrh.jpg

Sometimes this Bersa in .380

auHYIcc.jpg

The wife loves her Smith Shield in 9mm:

H4Itb3P.jpg

eMNYNcd.jpg

These types of pancake holster conceal very easily under an untucked shirt, sweatshirt or jacket.

She's also fond of her Colt Mustang in .380:

1FfRWuS.jpg

wxWjqla.jpg

Often carries IWB with both the Mustang and the Shield:

pZ7cadK.jpg

Those clips she uses to make those IWB holsters do not come off, they cam over tightly, clipping to the pants not the belt. You don't draw the pistol and have the holster come with it as can commonly happen with a regular belt type clip.

E13KZWD.jpg

The wife leans more towards IWB carry and I'm almost always a belt guy as far as holsters go. I find belt carry more comfortable. Occasionally ankle carry if dress demands it (the only time in a holster I didn't make). Guns are the Bersa above, a Smith 908 and occasionally a 1911 (both 3" and 5"). The wife prefers the Shield but will carry the Colt a lot when dress or activity limits her carrying the Shield. She also has an EMP that she will belt carry in the winter time.

As a holster makers we sell more holsters for Glocks and 1911s hands down and probably 50/50 between the two.

Day to day I carry in a belt slide like this one because I like its versatility. I can carry this big Springfield or the little Bersa in the same leather and darn near anything in between like my 908.

ttGlUXW.jpg

Last edited:
Glock 23. No pictures, they would probably frown upon that type of photo op here at work. :rolleyes:

Glock 19 in a JM Custom Kydex AIWB or a 9mm Shield in a G-Code AIWB. I will post pics later, but it's pretty boring stuff.

I have carried a Sig P229 and 1911 in the past, but after taking a bunch of classes I have settled on the two above and kydex to sit them in. Not as pretty as a 1911, not as soft as leather, but fast and reliable.

I like the Scandium Aluminum .357 Chief Specials with the Ti cylinders. I some times shoot +P .38’s. I carry them in Wilderness Store Safepacker holsters. The laser grips add to the utility.2F8A00B6-8698-4F1E-BA62-5D1885AB3045.jpegFF9D110D-875D-431B-8650-A9B793F62AD8.jpeg

M&P9c, Foxx "little Foxx" holster. I bought this before the Shield was introduced and actually like it more than the shield. It's much more lefty friendly and at 6' 2" and 200# the 3/8" gained in my already ill fitting waistband wasn't enough to sway me.:p

IMG_0534.JPG

Or, Sig P290RS, Foxx "little foxx" holster. This set up doesn't see much use. If I carry the Sig, it's because I'm just pocket carrying for a short trip. If I'm carrying IWB, I go with the M&P 99% of the time. I like the re-strike of the SIG but its just as easy to conceal the M&P that has a higher capacity and I'm more familiar with.
IMG_3475.JPG

Or pocket carry the P290RS in a Blackhawk pocket holster.

IMG_3476.JPG

I'll have to get some pics on the new computer and come back and post.

Last edited:
S&W Model 60 in a Mitch Rosen Upper Limit or Walther TPH .22 LR in a Ken Null Speed Scabbard.

CCW - Shield .40 S&W modded
Holster - Crossbreed Mini Tuck, and Crossbreed Gideon.

I can’t recommend these Crossbreed holsters enough, absolutely the best and most comfortable IMO. These were pics when new, the horse hide has worn in and formed very well, and is quite dark now.

541C41BF-910B-46A1-A7F9-F6CB52E8001B.jpeg 2C12B4EA-851D-46DC-B536-CF4895DD57FC.jpeg

Back