EDC Pistols: What's in your holsters?

No pictures right now but, a Glock 20 in a Bianchi PDQ hip holster for me (5'6" and 168#).

For myself, the biggest thing was a good holster. I tried a bunch of the better known makers but, to avoid printing and sagging with a service size pistols, the holster and belt choice was the key. Another consideration was drawing while seated and belted in my pickup.

A 'pocket pistol' is easier to conceal but, a service pistol is better if you ever need it. If you can conceal a pocket pistol, you can conceal a service pistol too. Don't expect a cheap holster to work well in a CCW role. Also, don't put it somewhere hard to reach like on your ankle or the small of your back or you defeat the majority of the reason why most people carry (if I have time for a difficult draw, why wouldn't I get my rifle or shotgun out of the car trunk?); I'm not saying however you need to be the king of the quick draw either!

For me it's usually a Kahr CM9 or a Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380. I find myself grabbing the Bodyguard most often because of the ease of sticking it in my shorts pocket in the summer, in my jacket pocket in the winter. The DeSantis pocket holster works great, too.
R0tKRmZ.jpg

vrKG2dj.jpg

Really depends on the day and situation.

Used to religiously carry a 1911, but I've gone away from single action for defensive carry. It's just a 'manual of arms' thing with me. None of my carry arms have a manual safety at this point - one less step to worry about under stress.

Currently it's either my FNS-40c in a a LittleFoxx IWB, or an LCP in a pocket holster.

S&W shield performance center in 9mm in a crossbreed tuckable.

But I am considering trying one of @Horsewright ’s pancake holsters but under the belt.

S&W MP9c IWB in an Alienware Cloak. My wife carries a 9mm Shield too.

I used to carry a Sig P290RS in a Blackpoint mini wing holster, I still carry it from time to time if I need a lighterweight and slimmer option to my current carry gun

I'm mainly carrying a CZ RAMI B 9mm in a Black Point Mini Wing

GE8gglm.jpg

After reading a couple posts, it makes me much much happier we don't have registration in Indiana

I should carry my VP9 more than I do but I’m lazy. 90% of the time it’s my Glock 43 iwb.

I've carried maybe a dozen different models over the past 20+ years of CCW. Choices made based on what others told me I should have. This one has better reliability, that one better knock down power, and this one is more concealable. But now I carry what I want, how I want....Life is too short to continue being uncomfortable in my decision to conceal.

So now my primary carry is the S&W Performance Center 1911 in my own OWB holster. For obvious reasons, I've found OWB the most comfortable. And I now dress very casual to allow it. For slightly deeper concealment while remaining comfortable, same gun in the Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe.

When I want to go smaller, I choose between two. For cleaner environments, it's the Springfield Micro Compact 1911, also in .45. and because it's a 1911, it fits all the same holsters.

For beat around, the S&W Shield 9. Made a similar OWB holster, and have a "Crossbreed like" IWB. So far, never found anything more comfortable for deeper concealment than Crossbreed brand.

I've tried more holsters than I can count over the years. I can say without hesitation that the only way to be completely dedicated to CC, is to be comfortable. Discomfort leads to the decision to leave the gun behind. And with that, a good gun belt is key to any setup. After that, it's experimental to find what works best with gun choice and body types.

24mwei8.jpg

mbh8cx.jpg

2dujho1.jpg

2rhwfmf.jpg

28t9mpz.jpg

1zw2ejc.jpg

2eat1qx.jpg

20jpd6v.jpg

10qmfrn.jpg

Nowadays, it's either a Glock 30S or a S&W Shield 9. I've been able to to carry them OWB in a high riding leather holster most of the time. If not, then I carry them AIWB. If I'm going to something formal, I carry a Kel-Tec P32 (.32) in a wallet holster (Back pocket). I also have a P3AT (.380), but prefer the P32.

I grew up carrying.38 snubs with their long heavy trigger pulls. The Kahr was a godsend for us. Haven't found anything to make me change.

I've shot a couple 938s and they are very nice. Stupid accurate for a small pistol.

Your rig looks awesome. May I ask who made those for you?

Back