EDC Pistols: What's in your holsters?

RBMCMJR, in NYS where we live you need a handgun permit to own handguns. I've had a Concealed Carry permit in this state sine 1977 and my brother since 81. So we can co-register our handguns on each others permits. So that is what I did after my Brady check came back after a month. I own 2 handguns, a .45acp and a .357 mag. carry gun. He owns more cause he collects them. thanks

RBMCMJR, in NYS where we live you need a handgun permit to own handguns. I've had a Concealed Carry permit in this state sine 1977 and my brother since 81. So we can co-register our handguns on each others permits. So that is what I did after my Brady check came back after a month. I own 2 handguns, a .45acp and a .357 mag. carry gun. He owns more cause he collects them. thanks

So to clarify, in NY you need a handgun permit to own a handgun and then a separate permit to carry the gun.

I assume you mean that you must register the handgun to your carry permit, correct?

You need a permit to carry the handgun, I have a concealed carry permit. There is another type of permit that does not allow to carry concealed, I think it is a premise permit, where you can have the handgun on you while at home in your domicile or at your place of business or in your car in the trunk under lock and key. You can also use the handgun while hunting but it will be stated as such on your permit. Now that the NYS safe act is in effect, you need to re certify your permit every 5 yrs under the new law. When you obtain a new handgun I have to go to the county office bldg. with the receipt for the gun and have it put on my permit. But you need a Brady check that is current and valid within the last 5 yrs, which I now have. As I am doing with my brothers handguns, I had to get a notarized signature on the form the county has, a currently Safe Act recertification, and a Brady check that is valid. thanks

PS permits in NYS are not a given anymore, and it takes over a year to obtain any type of handgun permit and alot of money for the fee's. A bunch of horseshit to keep one and get one but in the 40 yrs I've had it I am glad I did 3x in those 40 yrs.

You need a permit to carry the handgun, I have a concealed carry permit. There is another type of permit that does not allow to carry concealed, I think it is a premise permit, where you can have the handgun on you while at home in your domicile or at your place of business or in your car in the trunk under lock and key. You can also use the handgun while hunting but it will be stated as such on your permit. Now that the NYS safe act is in effect, you need to re certify your permit every 5 yrs under the new law. When you obtain a new handgun I have to go to the county office bldg. with the receipt for the gun and have it put on my permit. But you need a Brady check that is current and valid within the last 5 yrs, which I now have. As I am doing with my brothers handguns, I had to get a notarized signature on the form the county has, a currently Safe Act recertification, and a Brady check that is valid. thanks

PS permits in NYS are not a given anymore, and it takes over a year to obtain any type of handgun permit and alot of money for the fee's. A bunch of horseshit to keep one and get one but in the 40 yrs I've had it I am glad I did 3x in those 40 yrs.

Damn, that's a load of crap you guys have to go through

In Indiana we have a 4 year License to Carry Handgun or a lifetime License to Carry, you can carry either open or concealed and as long as you have a license you can carry whatever handgun you want on you and you don't have to notify LEO of your carry gun. Long guns don't require a license to carry. However the state does odd things at times, like issue carry licenses to people who can't pass a NICS check....seen that many of times

I think my lifetime license was $125

Thanks for sharing L longbow !

You have my sympathies as that's a lot of red tape to jump through to exercise your fundamental right as an American.

That's a big reason I will never live in New York. Just as Shall Issue (concealed carry permits) began rolling in like a wave across the country beginning 35 years ago, we are now seeing Constitutional Carry (permitless open and concealed carry) beginning to move across the country, though I seriously doubt you'll every see it in New York.

my wife has the p938 and we haven't had any malfunctions or problems with it all and she has put probably 400 rounds through it. I carry a p320 carry frame compact slide in a desaantis belt holster.

Is the p238 snappy? I've always like the looks of them, always wanted to shoot one.

She has the p938 the 9mm version is slightly larger than the 380, its not snappy to me, we tried several for her because she has wrist issues and that one had the least recoil. Its a smooth little gun, I added a set of Hogue grips for her and a little laser she likes it a lot. For me without the extra grip surface of the magazine its too small for my hands, it shoots good and i like the night sights it came with, just small in my hand.

She has the p938 the 9mm version is slightly larger than the 380, its not snappy to me, we tried several for her because she has wrist issues and that one had the least recoil. Its a smooth little gun, I added a set of Hogue grips for her and a little laser she likes it a lot. For me without the extra grip surface of the magazine its too small for my hands, it shoots good and i like the night sights it came with, just small in my hand.
Completely agree. I've shot 3 different 938s. All reliable and surprisingly easy to shoot. Very accurate at 10yds. A fine pistol.

Dan Wesson CBOB carried in a Blackhawk CQC adjustable IWB holster strong side, with a spare mag opposite, on a RafterS sharkskin belt.

No pics, duh, it's concealed....

I have BEST IWB HOLSTER FOR GLOCK 19 and Alien Gear Holsters Cloak Tuck 3.0. I know it's for a full size Holsters , but I don't even feel like I'm wearing it most of the time. It's comfortable while I'm driving, and comfortable even laying down.

I never leave home without them.

blade-runner-m2019-blaster-water-gun.png

A revolver guy acquaintance of mine bought this, but after shooting a box of ammo through it decided that semi autos weren't for him. I took it off his hands yesterday for $100 less than what my LE price would be. I really, really don't need another Glock, but this model with the full size grip, compact slide & no finger grooves is the first Glock that's gotten my interest in years.

DSC00037-X2.jpg

Back