EDC Pistols: What's in your holsters?

Wife's EDC Guns ...

+2 on left & +1 on right (100% reliable but buy the extra length / power springs or you'll have issues with the +2)

Trijicon HD front sights are VERY VISIBLE in all lighting conditions. They pic up ambient light, and have tritium for very low light. We prefer the orange, but wanted to try both colors.

I appreciate that these posts are well thought through, taking into account a wider possibility of situations.

When I first got my ccw, I tried the Dan Wesson Guardian .45. Ultra light, (for a 1911) but just too big for me to carry every day, started leaving the house without it, now the daily carry is the 2nd gen Ruger LCP. It is so small and light it is no bother at all. You can't even see it on me. There are no tell tale belt clips to give it away that I'm packin. I much prefer to appear unarmed. Guard down for the perp is a much better situation.

My two sons also have ccws. One is a Marine and carries a 1911 commander 4.25" size .45, the other is a Ranger and carries a smaller glock .40 compact in a belly band. I can pretty easily see the .45 hardware clip on the belt line, but he prefers it that way. I cannot see at all the glock in the belly band, even when he is only in shorts and a t shirt. I carry my tiny LCP in a variety of ways, none of them print and none of them can easily be detected.

My two sons also have ccws. One is a Marine and carries a 1911 commander 4.25" size .45, the other is a Ranger and carries a smaller glock .40 compact in a belly band. I can pretty easily see the .45 hardware clip on the belt line, but he prefers it that way. I cannot see at all the glock in the belly band, even when he is only in shorts and a t shirt. I carry my tiny LCP in a variety of ways, none of them print and none of them can easily be detected.
Thank you to both of your sons for their service.

Come home the other day from hauling water on the ranch and the wife is in the office, working on some leather projects, talking on the phone and carrying one of her 1911's in a holster she made on a belt she made:

qtZJbAM.jpg

Today I am at work wearing my Sig P229 in .357 Sig on my hip with my S&W Shield in 9mm in an ankle holster. My BCM RECCE AR-15 is riding near my right elbow just in case. I usually carry a Glock 19 or just the Shield in a Comp-Tac IWB holster when I am off duty.

These are the new Tier1 concealed Axis holsters! In my opinion the best appendix carry holster, I own five of them if that tells you anything lol.
Will have to give them a look. They seem similar to T-rex sidecar, but looked a little different with the threaded mag attachment (which looks a lot more useful... detachable, more flexible to mold to your shape, etc.).

Will have to give them a look. They seem similar to T-rex sidecar, but looked a little different with the threaded mag attachment (which looks a lot more useful... detachable, more flexible to mold to your shape, etc.).
similar to the trex Arms, I’ve owned those too. The shock cord allows it to flex with the shape of your body very well!

Back