EDC V Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read up a few posts and found the details, wasn't aware of this maker- Wow to the 4th power

Yeah. This was not an easy one to finally get my hands on, but it was worth the extremely long wait to get this knife in my hands!

Brous SSF #985/1000
aATTuIF.jpg

Went back and added my pic on page 200, and now here's what I'm carrying today. Also, excellent shots in the last few pages!! Man, we live in a truly golden age of knives, gang. Just fantastic:

19273333556_6bd8c73c6b_h.jpg

Yeah. This was not an easy one to finally get my hands on, but it was worth the extremely long wait to get this knife in my hands!

Great score, brother! I can only imagine how happy you were to get it!

Great score, brother! I can only imagine how happy you were to get it!

I really wasn't sure if it could live up to my expectations (as we all are when we finally get our hands on grails); however, it has not only lived up to my somewhat unreasonably high expectations, but even exceeded them!

It is one of those things I honestly cannot describe in a knife though. It's like when I first held my Sebenza; even though it is not immediately apparent how great of a knife it is when you first see it, you can literally feel the quality and the precision that went into the knife.

It's one of those knives that isn't for everyone though, in much the same way that the Sebenza is. This knife is made to last a lifetime of use, but to be really appreciated I do think that it needs to be used and felt over a lifetime.
As gorgeous as it is now (and as rare as it is for me to have this opinion, frankly), this is one of the few knives I honestly think will look better with a lifetime of wear on it :D

This was also purchased from the same person who originally sold me my Diskin Fire, which was my first custom knife, and will always be one of my favorite knives of all time, so I don't think that is a coincidence in my eyes ;) :D

Today I have my CS Recon 1 in XHP, Leatherman juice s2, and a GEC 15 sheepsfoot in antique yellow jigged bone

Went back and added my pic on page 200, and now here's what I'm carrying today. Also, excellent shots in the last few pages!! Man, we live in a truly golden age of knives, gang. Just fantastic:

Nice! How do you like the camp lore? Does the handle feel small?

Nice! How do you like the camp lore? Does the handle feel small?

Not at all, it actually fits my hand perfectly. I can tell you that I am not 100% sure that this knife should cost twice what an Izula II does (for what are essentially the same materials)...but I know that ESEE will sell these all day long. I got mine thanks to the generous discount that Derrick at KSF was running last week on ESEE products.

Here it is in the provided leather sheathe:
18682109593_ab30ed2134_b.jpg

As you can see, plenty of handle to hold onto (for reference, I wear a size XL glove):
19116559979_f9776fda39_b.jpg

19116561289_9b34db87e8_b.jpg

And here's my favorite shot, because you can see where this fine knife was made:
19116562469_54c66cef54_b.jpg

Work-sharp huh?......
Does it work?

Just got back from vacation and had this waiting for me at the office.

What could it be? Well let's find out in the car shall we? ;)

Hmmm that's a nice padded pouch. Let's open it up shall we boys and girls?

Ooooooohhhhhhhh yeeeesssssss! :D
Grail of grails here and in my hands ladies and gents!

Could not be happier right now my friends!!!
It feels good getting a grail. :)
I hope you're gonna use it, and not safe-queen it!

Not at all, it actually fits my hand perfectly. I can tell you that I am not 100% sure that this knife should cost twice what an Izula II does (for what are essentially the same materials)...but I know that ESEE will sell these all day long. I got mine thanks to the generous discount that Derrick at KSF was running last week on ESEE products.

Here it is in the provided leather sheathe:
18682109593_ab30ed2134_b.jpg

As you can see, plenty of handle to hold onto (for reference, I wear a size XL glove):
19116559979_f9776fda39_b.jpg

19116561289_9b34db87e8_b.jpg

And here's my favorite shot, because you can see where this fine knife was made:
19116562469_54c66cef54_b.jpg
Excellent! Exactly what I was looking for brother - thank you. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back