EDC VI Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks like the Reate Hills, but it looks way longer then 8.3"...Can someone confirm what it is?

FullSizeRender_Fotor_33.jpg

It is a Hills. Reate never made any large versions or anything.

If you look at a stock photo of the hills, you can visually see a difference in the blade length
I measured the blade and handle in both pics and got the ratio average of the blade/handle. The pic with the Hills knife in the guys hand has a bigger blade by 11%.
The knives in the pics are decently flat on their side, so I dont think the angle is messing with the ratio too badly.
REHILLSn.jpg

Last edited:
I don't take this one out of the safe too often (B-day gift from my gal a couple years ago). Here's another look at her:

If you look at a stock photo of the hills, you can visually see a difference in the blade length
I measured the blade and handle in both pics and got the ratio average of the blade/handle. The pic with the Hills knife in the guys hand has a bigger blade by 11%.
The knives in the pics are decently flat on their side, so I dont think the angle is messing with the ratio too badly.

Trust us when we say that they have made no other variations on the hills other than blackwashing the scales.(there might be some factory anodized versions too) You can go ask in the reate subforum though if you are dead set on a bigger version.
Pictures can be decieving. Also, factory specs are often off by +/- .25".

Speaking of the hills, these are in my pocket again.
crKwhHW.jpg

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. That Hills looks great! I can't wait to see how it looks with some wear on it. I know you aren't afraid to use your knives, so it's just a matter of time:)

For me, it's this Spartan Phrike again; I'm really loving this thing! It pryed apart some nailed-together 2x4's today (for no other reason besides "why not"), and it's still in one piece. I'm dead-set on using the heck out of this thing, that's what I bought it for! Even Scruffy likes it:D;)

A8D34EE1-3885-4046-93FB-5BB9FC3FD21C_zpst3bivgg7.jpg

I lusted after this old Spyderco for awhile, before they redid a sprint version. When I finally got my hands on one, it didn't quite click. The handle is insanely thin, thinner than my Centofante4 if I recall correctly, yet the blade is kind of chunky. Put it in the drawer for awhile.

Took it out randomly and now it clicks! I've been loving using it. Definitely admire how thin/light in the pocket it is, while having a sturdier feeling blade. Though I'm still a proponent of thin blades.

HEDK2Ze.jpg

aqzXrMR.jpg

I've said it once, and I'll say it again. That Hills looks great! I can't wait to see how it looks with some wear on it. I know you aren't afraid to use your knives, so it's just a matter of time:)

For me, it's this Spartan Phrike again; I'm really loving this thing! It pryed apart some nailed-together 2x4's today (for no other reason besides "why not"), and it's still in one piece. I'm dead-set on using the heck out of this thing, that's what I bought it for! Even Scruffy likes it:D;)

A8D34EE1-3885-4046-93FB-5BB9FC3FD21C_zpst3bivgg7.jpg

Thanks, actualy though, I will admit that I have been a little leery about putting it to use. It is wierd, because I have never been this aprehensive about maring up a knife. However, my zippo that I keep in the same pocket has already kickstarted the scratching process, so it is only a matter of time now.
I really like that spartan. I'm sure it is giving that rocky a much needed vacation.
Nice set up Erik
That custom Hills looks oh so good! :thumbup:

I was up in the Hills today with my L.T. Wright Patriot. :D

Thanks, those LT Wrights sure are some purdy knives. I've been eyeing the bushcrafter for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back