EDC VI Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

Oh, and Kevin...if you're reading this: I was bored during my lunch break and had a few minutes to kill :)

You know you like it better now.... :D
Hey Forrest. How's things on your side of the field?

Carrying my waved modded CS Ti-Lite Aluminium that I have called "The panhandler" inspired by the book "FTW Self Defense" by C.R. Jahn. Also my little Kershaw so I don't scare the sheeple.

You know you like it better now.... :D
Hey Forrest. How's things on your side of the field?

Doing good, man! Going to dinner with the wife before I head home to test my new Worksharp out on some kitchen knives. Should be fun!

I always feel funny when people ask me if I carry my Shirogorovs and use them. Personally, I don't think I would spend $1000+ on a fancy paperweight, no matter how pretty it was ;) :D

And for the record, there's nothing wrong with collecting and not using, but I don't personally see the satisfaction in it, and that's all I'm saying. Just in case someone gets the wrong idea ;)

I agree some what [emoji14] lol .
I do have one that doesn't get much use thats in my collection but it's near the four digit area and it's not replaceable or would be hard to . I do enjoy it very much though pulling it out of the safe and just handling it and admiring its beauty . Most of all my other knives end up in my pocket once or twice and then there's the pocket whores lol .

bladeboss said:
Work-sharp huh?......
Does it work?
The guys from Benchmade were using those exact machines to do some sharpening at the last year's SHOT in Vegas.
You can see the machines on the left, behind the guy:

f7sf.jpg

Some close-ups of their work.
1xfh.jpg

zo47.jpg

Those attachments were not available probably till the end of 2014 or early 2015. I got mine few months back and I use it primarily for re-profiling and polishing.
It's good for quick touch-up or sharpening of a working knife, for more expensive specimens, I'd probably use fixed angle system.
If you're use to working with it, you can get above average results that look like factory sharpened edge, it's also great for convexing or for convexed edges, I do have few and it works just fine on those.
An 8min or so video for whoever care, I shot it today, sharpening my Voyager with the new steel. Sun was blasting really hard in my eyes and I didn't see well, I get better results at home, also wasn't able to focus on the edge after I was done, but one can get the idea.
Obviously, I'm sharpening backwards because of the camera, otherwise would be difficult to take a good shot. I'm going against the direction of the belt, which is not recommended, but I do this all the time, I got no safety problems or anything, I just don't get big burr that way...
Best watched on 1080.

[video=youtube;lH98HwvWVQs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH98HwvWVQs[/video]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back