EDC VI Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I modded my 'Zaan today, therefore I must carry it:D

It went from this (stonewash w/ Oxi treatment):
9DB43CA3-3DF7-4B0E-9699-DE03794915B5_zpsidbmpcfz.jpg

To this (stonewash w/ full Oxi treatment):
7A8874D4-2CB9-49F7-A145-76E6E43D7FE1_zpsfnnqvrqq.jpg

To this (finished handle w/ acid washed blade):
EA2BD3F8-0274-42B3-86C5-D2381AD72259_zpsvbobezfk.jpg

I like it:)
^^^
That's crazy mod Blues :thumbup:
Interesting...:rolleyes:

11pQVX8.jpg

I don't know if I'll be posting any more knives in this thread. I can't see myself taking the Sage 1 out of my pocket except to use or admire it anytime soon...
I know the feeling...
I haven't been too active here because I'm pretty darn content with my Native 5 for "too long" now.

Gorgeous, Ive got a Commander as well, its a good 20 years old and its been rode hard and put away wet....they stand the test of time, itll last you many many years

Thanks! It's my first Emerson and I love it. I was afraid it was going to be too large because I usually try to stay under 4.75" closed but I love the way it feels in hand and it carries surprisingly well for its size. It feels lighter then my Xm.

I would love to see your 20 year old commander if you get a chance, I love the look of well used knives. So much character.

HOLD THE PHONE BECKY.... Is that an old school blackberry with AN ACTUAL KEYBOARD?!?!

That's straight up 2005! [emoji2]

Love the Rat btw, one of the best affordable folders out there!

***Edit***
I stand corrected, I looked the blackberry up and it's not as old as I thought, but I can't believe they make those anymore! I had one for a couple years and loved it, but that was before the rise of the touchscreen.

Yep, it's the Blackberry Q10, the keyboard is still not completely dead. :) My work phone, the one I used to take the photo with, is a generic Android smartphone, though.

Carrying the modded OomNoomZaan today along with my Peter Martin Kwaiken, and the trusty TnC flashlight as a sidekick:D

FF08C43A-B050-4400-94D5-DECB1CB88AA2_zpspy12vfor.jpg

Been havin' some really strange weather for December...lots of fog today and they're calling for thunderstorms:eek::confused:

...oh yeah, and it's nearly 50 degrees out!!!

30F469B4-740A-40F8-AE4B-52E0F7BB34EF_zps0dqi7kzl.jpg

I am tempted by this one as well Cody. Still amazes me Benchmade took this long to figure it out. :thumbup:

Just seeing this Eric. It's a wonderful knife; probably the smoothest (Benchmade) I have owned. I wasn't sure about the blue liners but it is growing on me for sure.

Thanks! It's my first Emerson and I love it. I was afraid it was going to be too large because I usually try to stay under 4.75" closed but I love the way it feels in hand and it carries surprisingly well for its size. It feels lighter then my Xm.

I would love to see your 20 year old commander if you get a chance, I love the look of well used knives. So much character.

They do carry well, and the texture of their G10 is unique IMO, its kind of soft, but firm....And the steel holds an edge extremely well. Being a chisel grind, I never really truly knew the correct way to sharpen it until recently.

Thats a bute! Love the wear on it. I've always opted for stonewashed or non-coated blades but I'm starting to like the way the black blades wear over time. I'm going to watch some tutorials on how to sharpen a chisel grind, hopefully I don't screw it up lol.

PGSuy2p.jpg

SAK Alox Farmer and a SanRenMu 7010. Unfortunately the 7010 arrived with a slight dark mark on the grippy part of the scales, couldn't get it out with rubbing alcohol and such, but I think I'll just get a few more of these because I really like the feel of it. It's surprisingly solid for something that costs as much as an Opinel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back