EDC - What's In Your Pocket(s)??? Part 2

I try to carry the minimum amount of crap, too many years of being saddled with a 12 pound duty belt.

Half of you ever fell into water ,you'd go to the bottom.

I carry my EDC stuff in a small cordura, tool pouch. My "man purse". If I need something I take it out and toss it in my pocket.

AtSUVKw.jpg

What was the reason you didn’t like the first Olight?
I couldn’t stand mine. I hates pretty much everything about my Olight! :D so much hype.

This is technically my third olight but only had problems with 1. I have one of the original M10 Mavericks when they first came out and that one is great; absolutely no complaints a real beast of a light and I wish they still made it. The second one I had was the S1R when they first came out with the rechargeable back, and I broke it within two weeks. I don't abuse my gear by any means but I am fairly hard on it but it still shouldn't have broken. I also think they try to do way to much with that light to please the social media people looking for likes. A small single CR123 pushing 1000 lumens is just crazy and not necessary (HYPE). So after that I switched over to Fenix primarily and have had zero problems with any of their lights at all. I only decided to get the S2R 2 because I thought maybe my last experience was a fluke, and the moonlight-high modes are about perfect for what I like with a good temperature. With low being 15, medium at 120, and high at 400 lumens that's all I need day to day and I could care less about "Turbo" because I have never needed 1,150 lumens. But... we will see if it lasts I really hope it does but I have my suspicions from my last experience.

I have an Olight M20SX Warrior and it's been a great light but I have a ton of other lights for 95% of what I need a light for. My favorites are single CR123a lights. I use LiFePo4 rechargeables for them. For Olights, I have a S10 baton (cr123a), T10 (cr123a), T15 (AA) and T25 (2xAA). The T25 is my truck light and I swap the batteries every year or so. I used to carry i3 EOS AAA lights (ITP A3 EOS before Olight bought them) on my keychain (80 lumens) but I switched to a Nitecore Tip.

I love my M2 warrior and my Warrior X. Dont have any problems with mine. I'd contact Olight and see if they'll fix any issues that could have arisen.

I have an Olight M20SX Warrior and it's been a great light but I have a ton of other lights for 95% of what I need a light for. My favorites are single CR123a lights. I use LiFePo4 rechargeables for them. For Olights, I have a S10 baton (cr123a), T10 (cr123a), T15 (AA) and T25 (2xAA). The T25 is my truck light and I swap the batteries every year or so. I used to carry i3 EOS AAA lights (ITP A3 EOS before Olight bought them) on my keychain (80 lumens) but I switched to a Nitecore Tip.

My M10 maverick has been an amazing light that I've had for 5 or 6 years. It's done way more than I would expect a light to do and I still use it everyday around my apartment with a baton/diffuser on the front of it for reading at night. I'm sure my incident with my S1R was a fluke but I have been a little put off by magnetically charged lights since then because that's were the issues arose.

I love my M2 warrior and my Warrior X. Dont have any problems with mine. I'd contact Olight and see if they'll fix any issues that could have arisen.

I had planed on sending it to olight to see if they would of been able to fix the problem, but when I moved shortly after I lost the light. My issue was probably a fluke but the magnetic charging lights still bring me to question buying them. I even have a small AAA Fenix light I carry a lot that used magnetic charging primarily and I broke that feature/function the first day I got it. But I could still charge it on my stand alone battery charger thankfully.

And to keep the thread on track here is my carry for today!
IMG_5908.JPG

It's a yawara stick made from delrin. It's a trainer model for the titanium ones, but I like the lighter weight in the pocket. Much easier to carry around.

I only recently became interested enough to spend much on a knife or other edc items.

The knife I have is a Gerber Outrigger.

I dont know if it counts but I also got the jackknife lock pick.

Back