EDC - What's in Your Pocket(s)??

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDC - EveryDay Carry -

So what's in your pockets?
other than the expected wallet and keys - what knives and gadgets are there for your everyday carry?

I have 3 different EDC combinations - for

(1) normal out of my house EDC
(2) at home
(3) air travel

(1) normal - out of my house:
EDC_out_S.jpg

left to right
Victorinox Scientist model - with customized handles - carried in a SackUp (underneath the knife)
CMG Ultra-G - single AA cell white LED flashlght - with home made wrist loop,
Canon S100 Digital ELPH - digicam - yes, I do carry it everyday and everywhere on a neoprene belt pouch (digicam is pictured on it) - I take a lot of photos (checkout the photos via the url in my sig - several of my photos are on band's web sites)
Photon Yellow - LED light on my keyring - been there for over 5 years and battery's still fine - at one time my only light, that's a belt clip for carrying the keys.

(2) at Home
Remember at home I would have pretty easy access to all my tools knives and lights - so I only carry on my person:
EDC_home_S.jpg

left to right
Kershaw/Ken Onion LEEK - Speed-Safe assisted opening frame-lock - fast, easy access, sleek/slim and "right-sized" for me.
CMG Ultra - regular Non-G model - bought originally to give as gift - but kept because recipients preferred smaller handier Inova Microlights with white transulcent bodies.
These two items are placed on my bedside table when I go to bed.

(3) Air Travel -
with the change in air travel security - I re-thought my EDC for when I have to travel by Air.
EDC_air_S.jpg

left to right
Victorinox Yeoman - as is, carried in a SackUp - placed in checked luggage for actual air travel, carried in pocket after arriving at destination - I do this because I do not want any possibility of losing my normal EDC customized SAK - also an unmodified SAK is easily recognizable and not usually regarded as a weapon.
Canon S100 Digital ELPH - as above
Photon Yellow - on keyring - as above - but often when abroad I do not carry my keys so I am light-less so to speak and often am caught wishing I had my light on me - I may well remove the Photon Yellow from the keyring to carry - or carry the CMG Ultra.

So what's in your pocket(s) for EDCs?
Photos and a short description/explanation where appropiate would be nice......

[edit 2/14/2004 - changed photo hosting since ImageStation.com seems reluctant to show hotlinked photos]

As it has been for the past 5 years I never go out of the house without my Benchmade model 640 Boguszewski mini spike. This knife has been the best $80.00 that I ever spent, and besides the fact that it is a little dull right now, it is just as good as the day I bought it. Along side the Benchmade is my custom Springfield Armory 1911A1 .45 ACP, a winning combo.

I usually carry my Benchmade 941D2CF, Leatherman Micra, AlMar Cashclip, Surefire E2e SG, Palm Tungsten T PDA, Motorola V60i cell phone and an Arc AAA LE on my keyring. Omega SMPC on the wrist and I'm ready to roll. The Kahr P9 pictured would be my EDC if I lived in a gun sensible place like Arizona instead of the peoples republic of Kalifornia.

jmx

Attachments

• dscn0987 (small).jpg
    dscn0987 (small).jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 7,489
Here's what I've been carrying everyday. My Glock 27 is also very close at hand.

Attachments

• pocket.jpg
    pocket.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 11,084
Nice taste in firearms, Ron. I carry a Benchmade 942SBT and a Glock 27.

For the last week or so I have been keeping it simple.
Right front pocket - Buck 701 - 3 blade pocketknife :)

(1) Lip balm
(2) Keys, on kubotan-like woven lanyard (for bali-flipping practice)
(3) Wilson wallet
(4) Breath mints
(5) SAK Tinker
(6) Led Lenser V1 Moon
(7) BM550
(8) Customized CRKT Mirage
(9) Couple sticks of gum
(10) Change (to keep lint at bottom on pocket)
(11) Pocket lint! :D

No gadgets, keys, Buck/Mayo 172,on duty(Custom 1911 45 cal.) off duty(Kahr P9). Sometimes I will have a Dunn or a Dozier folder on me also.

Here's my setup:
right front pocket
keys, change, CRKT Mirage Gray Ghost PE

left front pocket
eclipse gum, Leatherman Juice S2 multi-tool, CRKT Mirage SE, pen, mechanical pencil

right cargo pocket
wallet

left cargo pocket
Sony Clie PDA, BM 40T balisong(illegal to carry the live ones unfortunately.:grumpy:

Oohh, oohh, I want to play!

Here goes:
Left front pocket: leather-magnetic money clip normally with very little in it, change, and one of three zippos (Jim Beam, NRA, or the carbon fiber one)
Right front pocket: a pack of Marlboros and either the BM 910, BM 550, or one of a couple Delta-Z folders.
Right rear pocket: cheapy tri-fold leather wallet.
Left rear: Leatherman Super Tool
"Nail pocket": Motorola 120C phone that needs to be replaced with a newer model
SOON TO BE APPEARING: Benchmade 42 in a horizontal kydex belt sheath.

That's about it, although I'll occasionally carry my Surefire G2 (and soon my Inova X5)

Whew, I think my pants weigh about 30 lbs...

-Parke1

Ostrich skin wallet (don't know brand)
Seiko Sports Chrono
Waterman fountain pen
L-UDT in a Leatherman sheath
Large Sebenza with a hefty dose of Mayofication
WH CF Spearpoint
Peterson Bros split spring whittler (blades are from approx 1860's but with a really bad rehandling job)
Surefire Z6
LLama .45

This is what I had on me at work today.

-Busse Combat Active Duty, with Buy Brown sheath
-Coach wallet
-Can of Copenhagen
-Seiko divers watch
-Nextel phone

On my keychain I have:
-Purple Glowring
-Leatherman Squirt S4 in a Normark Micro-Rig
-Small (black) Spy Capsule
-(white) Photon II

On some paracord around my neck I always have an ASP Sapphire (blue).

And the knife of the day is this little number that I picked up from Ross Mitsuyuki earlier this month:
rkm.jpg

Today,

Left Front Pocket : BM AFCK, AG Russell One Hand Folder, Scrimmed Gerber Silver Knight

Right Front Pocket : Custom Crawford One Hand Folder, Spyderco Mini- Dyad, Space Pen

Left Rear Pocket : Wallet with Spyder Card

Right Rear Pocket : Custom Bud Nealy MCS Dagger

Neck : Spyderco Police Necklace

Excellent thread UnknownVT :)

Sorry I can't post any pics - no camera yet.

Pocket carry is usually LM Micra (is a Squirt any better ???), Photon II, Fisher Space Pen and menthol inhaler all kept in a small Samsonite calf leather keyholder. Keys go in there too when I go out. I had a SAK Manager II but my wife has taken custody of that - cute factor, you know how it is.

I noticed you have a Victorinox belt-clip keyring. They are great! I just got one for $4. They're very hard to find anywhere. Should have bought two! Where did you get yours? Have you seen them on the net yet?

At home I have easy access to LM Wave or a Supertool I just got for $20 at a flea market. E2eHA is handy too.

Take care
Tardis

Originally posted by ZENGHOST
On my keychain I have:
-Purple Glowring
-Leatherman Squirt S4 in a Normark Micro-Rig
-Small (black) Spy Capsule
-(white) Photon II

On some paracord around my neck I always have an ASP Sapphire (blue).

And the knife of the day is this little number that I picked up from Ross Mitsuyuki earlier this month:
rkm.jpg

I like that! Is that a mini-folder? (I'd like more info but nothing like that shows up on his website.)

Sorta funny you ask as I sit here with a pair of gym shorts on that are my standard "in the house for the night" wear. I have my J.W. Smith XL RF-1 framelock in the right pocket and my Cutter/Brend manual Model 2 in my left pocket.

Normal out in the world carry will include the same JWS mentioned above or a JWS LDC-5. Lately though I keep picking up the RF-1! I also add to that as a left pocket carry, a CASE small Texas Jack with jigged bone handles and carbon steel blades. Though this is a new Case knife it is made correctly as those two blades take an extremely sharp edge and CUT! A lot of times a second large folder will go in my left back pocket or left vest pocket and that will undoubtadbly be my Cutter/Brend.

I'll bite. :D

My EDC's consist of:

Emerson CQC-7A satin plain edge

SOG PowerLock

Surefire P6

Spec-Ops T.H.E wallet. (Awesome wallet! best one I've ever had!)

I will be carrying a Gerber Legend 800 multi-tool as soon as I finish the leather sheath for it & my 6P.

Last but not least, I also carry a Taurus PT-111 in an ankle holster.

S&W 4566 .45 ACP or Beretta 92FS 9mm or S&W 649 .38 w/ Strider-Buck SB2 or Emerson CQC7 or Benchmade 750BT or Spydie Endura depending on rotaion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back