EDC XI Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
8HW5V9MBh4AXc6QglUHYWPQSnKVzizXS1QSToqgQ2EatKH7c8_onp75gNpvfRgcg5G3D9-uMKBvXe8r2DHuydf37IZfkyoC9nFcROHQV8ODWkRF6wCU6UWfuz2HVDrnuiKqyy1b5dg

Same here lol. Joined the site just to find out the make. Now before I do my research... hopefully it's not $400 haha. Thanks for the heads up

Did a little running around today--couple errands and trips to the lumber yard. I headed over to the garage/shop to make the posts for the rail on our new front stoop and pocketed an old-favorite work knife, my Wilson Combat Les George Eagle. The CTS-XHP blade, re-profiled to 15 dps with a 20 dps micro-bevel, is an excellent cutter/slicer with its high flat grind, slight recurve, and generous belly. The flipping action is quite good on its TriFlow-lubed Teflon washers and the broad-but-thin handle both fits my hand well and is good in pocket. I'm a big Wilson Combat fan and love starburst and fluted grips.

5RoAQAh.jpg

5GY4kRz.jpg

Halden, is that the 0562 or the 0566? Nice CF. I've been interested in a Hinderer design for my next ZT. How's the flipping action on it? The KSF listing suggests it needs a bit of wrist-roll when opening.
--Steve

Not Halden, but I'm pretty sure it's a 0562. I don't know about his, but I was able to "light switch" mine as soon as I figured out how to keep my fingers off the lock bar. :) I don't recall ever needing to wrist roll it to get it to flip open.

Halden, is that the 0562 or the 0566? Nice CF. I've been interested in a Hinderer design for my next ZT. How's the flipping action on it? The KSF listing suggests it needs a bit of wrist-roll when opening.
--Steve

Hey steve. I own the 0562 orange/black version and it has the smoothest flipping action out all the flippers I have owned, own or handled to include:zt0456, we602a, boker urban trapper, zt 0350 and guardian tactical Helix(the helix was the second best action after my 0562).
Just my .02

Andy

Hey steve. I own the 0562 orange/black version and it has the smoothest flipping action out all the flippers I have owned, own or handled to include:zt0456, we602a, boker urban trapper, zt 0350 and guardian tactical Helix(the helix was the second best action after my 0562).
Just my .02

Andy
Thanks for your take on the knife, Andy. That comment by Derrick on the KSF seemed curious as, from all I've heard and my experience with my four, ZTs are generally excellent flippers. I even de-assisted my 0350 and it flipped great.

Your orange and black knife is a real looker and goes great with your Glock! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back